Avoiding & managing disputes
Disputes in the building and construction industry are common and often challenging to avoid. But, as a Master Builders member, you have a team of specialist staff on hand to help you avoid and manage disputes.
The type of dispute will determine the best course of action.
The most common types of building related disputes are:
- Technical disputes (including defects and quality of work/products)
- Contractual disputes (including non-payment, project completion, extension of time, etc.).
How can Master Builders help
If you are in a difficult situation with a client, Master Builders can help you manage the dispute.
Our specialist staff throughout Queensland are on hand to assist parties and can facilitate ‘without prejudice’ conferences.
We can also help members with:
- Clarification on contract documents
- Referral to specific experts
- Quality of work disputes.
Call for help early
The sooner you call Master Builders for help, the better!
We can guide you through the process and discuss the options available to resolve a disagreement or problem - before it turns into a situation that requires a formal dispute management process.
Need more information?