Cairns Industry Access
Far North Queensland
Free eventRegister online Register online
Online registrations have closed. Call 1300 30 50 10 for event enquiries
Venue: Master Builders Office, 310 Gatton Street, Manunda
Start date: Monday, 16 October 2017
Time: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
RSVP: Monday, 16 October 2017
If the legislation is passed, it will pack a punch and not in a good way
Project Bank Accounts are the headline act and in their current form will negatively impact security of payment for our industry.
They will not provide security of payment for anyone in the industry, and definitely not subbies, and there are a number of other elements, like changes to payment claims and schedules and demerit points, that will have a disastrous effect.
The gloves are coming off and we're stepping up our fight
Despite our advertising campaign earlier in the year and lobbying efforts to date, it's clear the Queensland Government and the Minister for Housing & Public Works, Mick de Brenni, aren't listening to us or the industry and we need to toughen our stance.
Come along to hear more about the campaign and understand the detail around why Project Bank Accounts and other elements of the bill have the potential to be so disastrous.
We'll cover issues like:
- Why subcontractors will still be exposed to unscrupulous builders
- How subcontractors will still need to prove they are owed money
- Why Project Bank Accounts will be an unnecessary cost and administrative burden, impacting everyone in the contractual chain
- Builders will be able to withdraw all retention moneys at any time
- Project Bank Accounts will not deal with disputed funds or insolvency
- Big changes to how payment claims and schedules work
- Demerit points for directions to rectify.
This is your chance to learn more about this complex issue, what we're doing about it and to join the fight.
Proudly supported by: