Laws, codes & regulations
Anyone involved in the building and construction industry will find that laws, codes and regulations play an important role.
There are various acts that govern the building process, employment relations, health and safety, and disputes (among other things), and a good working knowledge of the law is essential for builders and subcontractors.
Master Builders website provides an overview of the main acts, regulations, codes and associated documents that are relevant to the industry including:
- Australian Standards
- Building Act
- Building Code of Australia
- Building and Construction Industry Payments Act
- Building and Construction Industry (Portable Long Service Leave) Act
- Fair Work Act
- National Employment Standards
- Planning Act
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act
- Subcontractors’ Charges Act
- Work Health and Safety Act.
Need more information?
Please contact us at Master Builders if you need specific advice and guidance in relation to any of the above documents.