Laws, codes & regulations
Anyone involved in the building and construction industry will find that laws, codes and regulations play an important role.
There are various acts that govern the building process, employment relations, health and safety, and disputes (among numerous other things), and a good working knowledge of the law is essential for builders and subcontractors.
Master Builders website provides an overview of the main acts, regulations, codes and associated documents that are relevant to the industry including:
- Australian Standards
- Building Act
- Building Code of Australia
- Building and Construction Industry Payments Act
- Fair Work Act
- National Employment Standards
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act
- Subcontractors’ Charges Act
- Sustainable Planning Act
- Work Health and Safety Act.
Need more information?
Members should contact Master Builders for specific advice and guidance in relation to any of the above documents.