Queenslanders claim national victory
Published: 27 November 2017
Eight of our state’s most talented builders scooped up national titles at Master Builders’ 2017 National Excellence in Building and Construction Awards in Hobart on Saturday night.
The competition was fierce this year, with Australia’s finest builders up against each other to take out the top honours, with only the best succeeding.
Master Builders Queensland CEO Grant Galvin acknowledged that the bar was set even higher this year, which was evident by the calibre of homes and projects that made the shortlist.
“The range of winning projects this year shows just how diverse the Queensland building industry is,” Mr Galvin said.
“From hospitals, aged-care facilities and elite sporting venues, to stunning homes and apartment complexes, this year saw a wide variety of talent on display.
“Achieving this recognition at a national level is one of the highest industry accolades a builder can receive and demonstrates that Queenslanders are a force to be reckoned with on the national stage.
“I congratulate not just the winners, but also the finalists, on their outstanding achievement."
- National Lifestyle Housing for Seniors Award - Aged Care Facilities – Badge Constructions (Qld) Pty Ltd (St Vincents Aged Care & Stella Maris Church, Maroochydoore)
- National Luxury Alterations/Additions Award - $650,000 to $1million – Valdal Projects Pty Ltd (Valdal Residence, Toowoomba)
- National Luxury Alterations/Additions Award - over $1 million – Nixon Build Pty Ltd T/A Nixon Build & Design (River Park Drive Residence, Annandale)
- National Display Home – $350,000 to $500,000 – McDonald Jones Homes Pty Ltd (Tallavera 45, Rochedale)
- National Project Home – $350,000 to $500,000 – Grant McDonald Homes Pty Ltd (Oloway House, Alexandra Headland)
- National High Rise Apartment Building – P B S Building (Qld) Pty Ltd (The Melbourne Residences, South Brisbane)
- National Health Facility Award – Lendlease Building Pty Ltd (Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Birtinya)
- National President's Award – Watpac Construction Pty Ltd (Anna Meares Velodrome, Chandler)
For more information about the National Excellence in Building and Construction Awards, visit the Master Builders Australia website at www.masterbuilders.com.au.