13 July 2018
FROM hospitals, airports and hotels, to waterfront mansions and rooftop swimming pools, this year’s Master Builders Brisbane Housing & Construction Awards winners certainly delivered the goods.
Mancorp Quality Homes and FDC Construction & Fitout (QLD) were the big winners, taking home House of the Year and Project of the Year, respectively, at the July 13 ceremony at the Royal International Convention Centre in Brisbane.
House of the Year winner, Mancorp Quality Homes’ Bribie Contemporary won the Individual Home $1.26 million – $2 million category, with its stunning, one-of-a-kind swimming area also taking home the Best Residential Swimming Pool category.
FDC Construction & Fitout (QLD) cleaned up on the night, with their NEXTDC B2 Data Centre taking home Project of the Year and the Commercial Building $5 million – $50 million category, while their work on the Pig 'N' Whistle Redbank Plains and Asahi Beverages Heathwood Logistics Facility winning the Retail Facilities up to $5 million and Industrial Building over $5 million categories, respectively.
Master Builders’ CEO, Grant Galvin, congratulated all the winners across the 59 categories.
“The diversity in homes, projects and people entered in this year’s Awards program was extremely impressive and highlighted the broad spectrum of areas our members work across,” Mr Galvin said.
“The judges had a very tough job on their hands and it’s fantastic to be able to celebrate and recognise the successes of our industry.
“It’s humbling that after 30 years, the Housing & Construction Awards continue to be sought-after by the state’s top builders and tradespeople.”
Keeping our data safe
Winner of the 2018 Brisbane Project of the Year – FDC Construction & Fitout (QLD)
Showcasing the latest technology innovations in data centre design, NEXTDC B2 is the new industry benchmark for security, performance, reliability and energy-efficiency, setting a new standard in the data centre space.
The winning project involved repurposing a three-storey bank with two basement carparks into a full data centre that can withstand individual equipment failures or distribution path interruptions and maintain IT operations.
Contemporary seaside living
Winner of the 2018 Brisbane House of the Year – Mancorp Quality Homes
This contemporary home perched on the Pumicestone Passage of the picturesque Bribie Island is a bold, yet elegant, art piece that needs to be seen to be fully appreciated.
Features of this home are endless and include a living area that overlooks the pool through the innovative use of low fixed glass. An entertainer’s delight, the generous kitchen spans two stories and features stack back doors, offering an outdoor dining experience complete with uninterrupted views of the Glasshouse Mountains.
A sophisticated private abode
Winner of the 2018 Brisbane President’s Award – Valeco Homes
Moreton 24 is a refined family home that combines space and privacy with sophistication.
Its kitchen comes complete with stone benchtops, glass splash backs, a butler’s pantry with separate sink and LED downlights throughout. In the bathroom, the ensuite features frameless shower screens and full height tiling along with a freestanding plinth-mouthed bath that is certain to impress.
With the master bedroom at the front of the home and the remaining three at the rear, space and privacy is easy to find.
The home incorporates an open plan central hub including the kitchen, living, dining and alfresco areas plus media room and is the perfect family entertainment setting.
All Brisbane winners
- Health Facilities up to $20 million – ADCO Constructions Pty Limited for Wynnum-Manly Community Health Centre (Wynnum West)
- Health Facilities over $20 million – Cockram (Qld) Pty Ltd for Brisbane Private Hospital In-Patient Unit Facility (Spring Hill)
- Education Facilities up to $10 million – Badge Constructions (Qld) Pty Ltd for Somerville House Seymour Library (South Brisbane)
- Education Facilities over $10 million – Rohrig (QLD) Pty Ltd for The Centenary Library, Anglican Church Grammar School (East Brisbane)
- Sporting Facilities – Unita (Qld) Pty Ltd for Total Fusion (Chermside)
- Community Service Facilities – Condev Construction Pty Ltd for Early Learning Centre - Augustine Heights (Augustine Heights)
- Retail Facilities up to $5 million – FDC Construction & Fitout (QLD) Pty Limited Pig 'N' Whistle Redbank Plains (Redbank Plains)
- Retail Facilities over $5 million – FK Gardner & Sons Pty Ltd for Redbank Plains Town Square Shopping Centre (Redbank Plains)
- Tourism and Leisure Facilities up to $10 million – Ruby Developments Pty Ltd for Living Gems Caboolture Country Club (Caboolture)
- Tourism and Leisure Facilities over $10 million – ADCO Constructions Pty Limited for Qantas Lounge Expansion, Brisbane Domestic Airport (Brisbane Airport)
- Commercial Building up to $5 million – Paynter Dixon Queensland Pty Ltd for Redland Bay Marina Bus Shelter (Redland Bay)
- Commercial Building $5 million – $50 million – FDC Construction & Fitout (QLD) Pty Limited for NEXTDC B2 (Fortitude Valley)
- Commercial Building over $50 million – Laing O'Rourke Australia Construction Pty Ltd for International Terminal Building Northern Concourse Expansion (Brisbane Airport)
- Industrial Building up to $5 million – Tomkins Commercial & Industrial Builders Pty Ltd for Drive Accident Solutions (Pinkenba)
- Industrial Building over $5 million – FDC Construction & Fitout (QLD) Pty Limited for Asahi Beverages Heathwood Logistics Facility (Heathwood)
- Residential Building (high-rise over 3 storeys) up to $20 million – TMF Constructions Pty Ltd for Baxter St Apartments (Fortitude Valley)
- Residential Building (high-rise over 3 storeys) over $20 million – Cavcorp Qld Pty Ltd for Lucent Gasworks (Newstead)
- Excellence in Workplace Health and Safety – Laing O'Rourke Australia Construction Pty Ltd T/A Laing O’Rourke Engineering Excellence Group (EnExG) for Toolbox Spotter (Amberley)
- Community Accommodation for Aged Care and Nursing Homes – Cockram (Qld) Pty Ltd for Regis Chelmer Aged Care Facility (Chelmer)
- Refurbishment/Renovation up to $750,000 – Unita (Qld) Pty Ltd for Tingalpa Hotel (Tingalpa)
- Refurbishment/Renovation over $750,000 – Lendlease Building Pty Ltd for NAB Place (Brisbane CBD)
- Commercial Trade Contractor of the Year – Arden Architectural Pty Ltd for Aurizon (Fortitude Valley)
- Best Swimming Pool in a High-Rise Complex – Cavcorp Qld Pty Ltd for Lucent Gasworks (Newstead)
- Display Home up to $250,000 – Val Eco Homes Pty Ltd for Moreton 24 (North Lakes)
- Display Home $251,000 – $350,000 – Desire Homes Pty Ltd for "The Jardine" Display Home (South Ripley)
- Display Home $351,000 – $450,000 – Ownit Homes Pty Ltd for Hamilton 317 (Upper Kedron)
- Display Home $451,000 – $550,000 – McLachlan Special Projects Pty Ltd for The Mantra (Newport)
- Display Home over $551,000 – Critter Pty Ltd for PS Designer Homes (Brookwater)
- Individual Home up to $250,000 – Ausmar Homes Pty Ltd for Newport Residence (Newport)
- Individual Home $251,000 – $350,000 – Remote Locations Pty Ltd for Kingfisher House (Upper Kedron)
- Individual Home $351,000 – $450,000 – David A Bartle for Esplanade (Lota)
- Individual Home $451,000 – $550,000 – CMG Homes Pty Ltd for Ocean View (Ocean View)
- Individual Home $551,000 – $650,000 – REA Taylahd Homes Pty Ltd for REA Anchorage Home (Cleveland)
- Individual Home $651,000 – $750,000 – Munro Project Builders Pty Ltd for Galleon (Wellington Point)
- Individual Home $751,000 – $950,000 – DTL Constructions Pty Ltd for Augusta on Brookwater (Brookwater)
- Individual Home $951,000 – $1.25 million – Corella Construction Pty Ltd for The Vine House (Bardon)
- Individual Home $1.26 million – $2 million – Mancorp Quality Homes Pty Ltd for Bribie Contemporary (Banksia Beach)
- Individual Home over $2 million – D Pearce Constructions Pty Ltd for Brookfield House (Brookfield)
- Best Use of Sloping Sites – Andrew A Kennedy for Birdwood (Toowong)
- Best Use of Steel Frame Housing – Henley Properties (QLD) Pty Ltd T/A Plantation Homes for House For Life (Springfield Lakes)
- Home Renovation/Remodelling Project up to $275,000 – KARDA Constructions Pty Ltd for Air House (Mount Gravatt East)
- Home Renovation/Remodelling Project $276,000 – $575,000 – Graya Construction Pty Ltd for The Sky House (Auchenflower)
- Home Renovation/Remodelling Project $576,000 – $1 million – Graya Construction Pty Ltd for The Russet House (Paddington)
- Home Renovation/Remodelling Project over $1 million – Taranaway Building & Landscapes Pty Ltd for Verney Project (Graceville)
- Medium Density up to 3 Storeys – 2 to 5 Dwellings – Dux Designer Homes Pty Ltd T/A PPI Construction for Magdala (Ascot)
- Medium Density up to 3 storeys – over 5 Dwellings – AMD Quality Constructions Pty Ltd for Vuze (Cleveland)
- Residential Trade Contractor of the Year – Filippo Grasso T/A Rock Solid Tiling for View Residence (Paddington)
- Excellence in Sustainable Living – D Pearce Constructions Pty Ltd for Brookfield House (Brookfield)
- Best Residential Bathroom – Corella Construction Pty Ltd for The Vine House (Bardon)
- Best Residential Kitchen – Mancorp Quality Homes Pty Ltd for HAMPTON ON THOMAS (Clontarf)
- Best Residential Swimming Pool – Benjamin Young T/A Unique Pools for Bribie Contemporary (Banksia Beach)
- Apprentice of the Year – Matthew King (Camira) of Corella Construction Pty Ltd
- Rising Star – Robert Gray (Kenmore) of Graya Construction Pty Ltd
- Women in Building – Rachael Turner (Calamvale) of Yowassup Pty Ltd T/A Front Porch Properties
- Institute of Building Consultants – Andrew Mackie-Smith (Ashgrove) of BuildingPro Pty Ltd
- President's Award – Val Eco Homes Pty Ltd for Moreton 24 (North Lakes)
- Project of the Year – FDC Construction & Fitout (QLD) Pty Limited for NEXTDC B2 (Fortitude Valley)
- House of the Year – Mancorp Quality Homes Pty Ltd for Bribie Contemporary (Banksia Beach)
Media enquiries: Julie Russell, Manager Communications & Media via email at email@example.com or on 3225 6436.