5 August 2019
FROM world-class shopping malls and outstanding medical facilities, to sophisticated houses and elaborate apartments with water views, this year’s Gold Coast Master Builders Housing & Construction Awards reflect the diversity of what living on the Coast is all about.
The Awards were held on Saturday, 3 August at the Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre and showcased an abundance of talent and innovation. The quality of entries made it hard work for our judging team.
Elanora based company,Koryzma Constructions, proudly took out Gold Coast House of the Year with their ultimate entertainers delight, The Nerang Broadbeach Residence.
Heading down the driveway of this amazing home you are immediately met with the wow factor. Not only are there five generously sized bedrooms, each with an ensuite, the home also features a detached recreation club leading out to a full tennis court. The judges were impressed with the numerous entertainment areas, incredible functionality and the attention to detail.
Koryzma Constructions were also winners of the Best Residential Bathroom and the Women in Building category.
5Point Projects were excited to win Project of the Year and the Excellence in Energy Efficiency and Environmental Management for ONE Burleigh Headland. The apartments have a step back design that nestles into the curve of the headland, creating privacy for residents and minimising the impact on nature.
The judges recognised the difficulties that affected the project including site access, the 12 metre deep cut as well as building next door to a national park. ONE Burleigh Headland was the first apartment complex to be built on Burleigh Headland in nearly 30 years and features nine residences across five levels.
Master Builders’ Gold Coast Regional Manager, John Duncalfe, congratulated all the winners across the 50 categories.
“This year’s quality of craftsmanship exhibited by way of homes, projects and individuals was certainly outstanding,” Mr Duncalfe said.
“The diversity of our region is inspiring and the Awards highlight the broad spectrum of the building industry where our members work.
“The quality of the winning entries are second to none and the style of entries showcased our incredible coastal lifestyle.”
To see all the 2019 Gold Coast Housing & Construction Award winners visit our winners page.
Project a first in three decades
Winner of the 2019 Gold Coast Project of the Year – 5Point Projects Pty Ltd
ONE Burleigh Headland is an exciting new project for Burleigh Heads being the first apartment complex to be built on Burleigh Headland in nearly 30 years.
The project, located on a north-facing block on Burleigh Headland provides residents with views east overlooking the ocean, north to Surfers Paradise and west to the Gold Coast hinterland. Nothing has been left to chance with this project, the attention to detail, technical complexity and numerous challenges defined the build.
- “We were surprised, given the enormity of the project that it managed to come in on time and on budget. The project team have seamlessly worked through numerous difficulties and challenges of building on such a block,” the judges said.
- “As soon as you see this site, you could see the extreme difficulty with site access and deliveries that would have been faced with this project. There’s the 12 metre deep cut into the headland which is wrapped in the complexity of being right next to a national park”.
Winner of the 2019 Gold Coast House of the Year – Koryzma Constructions Pty Ltd
An incredible home design full of abundant living and entertainment areas, the detached recreation club contains its own working kitchen as well as a full size bathroom, a commercial bar and temperature controlled 3,000 bottled cellar room. There is also a video wall that houses four televisions and immense entertainment space and opportunity.
Between the club and the main house is an undercover area consisting of a formed polished concrete bench that includes a built in BBQ and woodfire pizza oven. It is truly the entertainers dream home with ample spaces to chill, entertain and play.
- “Once you drive into the owner’s estate, the house and separate entertainment pavilion had an immediate wow factor,” the judges said.
- “It was the most functional house we came across courtesy of a well-thought-out floor plan and layout of the rooms.”
Abundance of space
Winner of the 2019 Gold Coast President’s Award – Coral Homes QLD Pty Ltd T/A Coral Homes
The Milan 27 delivers an abundance of space in a single-storey home. At the heart of the home, is open plan living comprising a media room with dry bar, family room and a living area. The design encompasses an entertainer’s kitchen with a large walk-in pantry, and maximises the indoor-outdoor with an extended alfresco space.
Providing outstanding value, this home has a high standard of fixtures and great craftsmanship. The open floor plan facilitates great free flowing space for the family.
- “This was a tough category and overall, we’re surprised by the value for money builders are able to provide in the competitive first home buyer market. Milan 27 was a stand-out in this category,” the judges said.
- “The standards of finish and the various inclusions such as ducted air conditioning, walk-in pantry and the corner stacker doors leading onto the outdoor living area are a luxury inclusion in an entry level home and a credit to the work of this builder.”
Robyn Devine, Digital Communications Advisor at email@example.com or 3225 6418
Leah Kidd, Communications Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3225 6424
Julie Russell, Manager Communications & Media at email@example.com or 3225 6436.