12 August 2019
THE Wide Bay Burnett Master Builders Housing & Construction Awards showcased the talents and diversity of the region. From homes with sweeping views and complex medical centres to dynamic school halls and intricate renovations, the quality of craftsmanship on display was a knockout.
The Bundaberg Multiplex was the place to be on Friday, August 9 with the annual Awards providing the opportunity to celebrate the region’s best in the industry.
Win Constructions Queensland earned the coveted Project of the Year for the Icon Medial Centre at Hervey Bay, an outstanding masterpiece of patience and true craftsmanship. This fully functional but aesthetic building creates a sense of space and light with beautiful high ceilings, while timber wall frames provide a cozy yet professional ambience.
The judges were impressed by the integrated design elements and the ability of the builders to consult extensively with the clients to satisfy the high level of expectations.
Maiden Homes were delighted to take home House of the Year and Individual Home $1.26 million - $2 million for their 1770-based home, Swell Factor. This home is what dreams are made of, a home cascading down the sloping block offering three bedrooms, three bathrooms and views of the water as far as the eye can see.
The complexity of the block and the well thought out design to maximise the site appealed to the judges as did the high standard of finishes and clever use of the latest technologies like the lift to access all floors.
Master Builders’ Wide Bay Burnett Regional Manager, Ian Langer, congratulated all the winners across the 29 categories.
“The standard of entries in this year’s Awards program was extremely impressive, it definitely makes our judges’ job harder,” Mr Langer said.
“And once more showcases the skill, knowledge and attention to detail that can be delivered by the builders in our region.
“The quality of the winning homes is second to none and epitomises what living in the Wide Bay region is all about.”
To see all the 2019 Wide Bay Burnett Housing & Construction Award winners visit our winners page.
An outstanding masterpiece
Winner of the 2019 Wide Bay Burnett Project of the Year – Win Constructions Queensland
The Icon Medical Centre’s high ceilings capture an abundance of light throughout whilst the agile design creates interesting divisions between waiting areas and treatment rooms.
Site access and external complexities provided a myriad of challenges that Win Constructions skilfully overcame. The team consulted and liaised with the client throughout the construction process to achieve an outstanding masterpiece of patience and true craftsmanship for the Eli Waters community.
- “A modern lightweight building providing integrated design elements to create the latest medical and health services within the one building,” the judges said.
- “This project required extensive consultation with the client to satisfy very high level expectations.
- “This commercial project at Eli Waters was very well constructed with a lot of input from the owners and the builder making it all happen”.
Sweeping ocean views
Winner of the 2019 Wide Bay Burnett House of the Year – Maiden Homes Pty Ltd
Amid the stunning coastline of the Town of 1770 lies Swell Factor, the owners’ forever home cascades on the sloping block, the realisation of their dream thanks to Maiden Homes.
This inviting home has been thoughtfully designed to capture the sweeping views yet provide abundant privacy and liveability in a contemporary mode. The judges noted the exceptional craftsmanship and finishes along with inclusive technologies like the custom-made luxury Italian lift, providing access to all floors.
- “Excellent design and build to utilise a difficult sloping site whilst providing views to the waterways of 1770,” the judges said.
- “Exceptional craftsmanship throughout integrated with latest technologies.
- “A well thought-out design with entry through the large garage directly to the second level where the master bedroom is located. Guests are allotted the ground floor with the living area on the top floor.”
Excellent use of space to suit families
Winner of the 2019 Wide Bay Burnett President’s Award – Saaroq Pty Ltd T/A Stroud Homes Wide Bay
Designed with family in mind and focusing on the areas that count, the Savannah Class is a featured packed 262 square metre home.
Families will enjoy hours of entertaining around the stunning open plan living in the kitchen, meals and family rooms. The large kitchen is completed by a Butler’s pantry featuring a second sink with a great functional design.
Well positioned windows provide natural light throughout and corner glass pillar sliding doors bring the outside in. The quality of the finishes ensure this is a great value family home boasting luxury features for all the family.
- “The Savanah Classic represented fantastic value and provided a great blend of parents’ privacy, multiple family zones and open space living which blended well into outdoor living,” the judges said.
- “It typified the concept of the President’s Award and is a truly affordable family home that Queenslanders can aspire to.”
Robyn Devine, Digital Communications Advisor at email@example.com or 3225 6418
Leah Kidd, Communications Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3225 6424
Julie Russell, Manager Communications & Media at email@example.com or 3225 6436.