- Services & advice
- Other general insurance
- Make a payment
- Make a claim
- Request a Certificate of Currency
- Financial Services Guide
- Our team
- Mobile phones
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
NSW Home Building Compensation Fund (HBCF) provides home warranty insurance which is required for most residential building work valued over $20,000 (it doesn’t apply for new buildings over three storeys that contain two or more dwellings).
Looking for an expert you can trust?
Master Builders Insurance has been helping builders with Home Warranty Insurance for 22 years. Our expert team are on-hand to give you great service and expert advice.
Make the smart switch to a better service today!
- No fee for Home Warranty Eligibility
- Fast turnaround on project application forms
- Dedicated and experienced warranty team
Use the eligibility application form to apply for new eligibility or change your profile.
If you have completed projects, please complete and submit the project completion advice form.
Calculating your premium
Premiums are set by the HBCF.
For project certificates issued from 1 July 2020.
Use the Master Builders premium calculator below to determine the premium required.
- If the project is multi-unit or is a project with a contract value greater than $750,000, please refer to Master Builders Insurance Services to obtain terms and conditions
- HBCF no longer pay commission. Instead, we are required to charge you a separate fee for our services, to cover expenses incurred in arranging and the ongoing servicing of the insurance and also a number of other functions performed on behalf of the HBCF. This amount is automatically included in the Premium Calculators and will appear on your tax invoice
- Payment by Visa and MasterCard are accepted. A credit card surcharge of 0.68% for Visa and 1.44% for MasterCard shall apply to the total amount of the payment due. The debit card surcharge for Visa is 0.41% and MasterCard is 0.95%.
- Information provided herein is correct at the date of issue and subject to change without notice.