- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Passive Fire Rated System Installation
- Pre-apprenticeship Program
Business management & operations
- BCIPA/BIF Chapter 3 Workshop
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Quoting Workshop
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Sealing the Deal (quoting to win work)
- I Want That Job (responding to tender)
- Money In, Money Out (cash flow)
- Getting Your Dough (getting paid)
- Workers That Work (a guide for engaging workers)
- Time-Saving Tools (electronic tools for construction – systems & devices)
- Ready, Web, Go (digital readiness)
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Get savvy about Chapter 3 of the BIF Act
Still confused about the difference between BCIPA and BIF? The clock is ticking – from 17 December 2018 it is mandatory to respond to a payment claim.
Are you unsure how to handle this within your business? Don't worry! Attend one of our workshops and learn everything you need to know.
This 4-hour workshop will be run by the Master Builders Members Legal team and has been designed specifically for builders and subcontractors working in the construction industry.
Seats are limited – so book your place today!
Chapter 3 of the BIF Act is set to commence on 17 December 2018 and applies to all projects from $0 and up, residential and commercial projects, civil works and building projects, licensed and unlicensed building work.
It will apply even if you are not in dispute and applies to builders, subcontractors, suppliers, consultants and principals/owners.
There are mandatory obligations with hefty fines and disciplinary action if you are a QBCC licence holder. It is a complex process that will require you to change the way you run your business to protect yourself and you need to be ready for it.
The session is interactive and will focus on the practical elements of how this chapter of the BIF Act works on day to day activities and will answer questions such as:
- Which contracts does it apply to?
- What do I need to put in my contract to protect myself – both as a claimant and as a respondent?
- What is required for a payment claim / what does a payment claim look like?
- How do I respond to a payment claim?
- If I have not been paid, what can I do?
This course is made available exclusively to Master Builders members and their employees.
|Cost||Members: $220 (includes GST)|
|Outcome||Statement of Completion|
|Eligibility||Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills. All participants must also be members, or employees of members of Master Builders.|