- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Passive Fire Rated System Installation
- Pre-apprenticeship Program
Business management & operations
- BIF Chapter 3 Workshop
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Sealing the Deal (quoting to win work)
- I Want That Job (responding to tender)
- Money In, Money Out (cash flow)
- Getting Your Dough (getting paid)
- Workers That Work (a guide for engaging workers)
- Time-Saving Tools (electronic tools for construction – systems & devices)
- Ready, Web, Go (digital readiness)
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Confused by building industry payment laws?
Don't worry! Attend one of our workshops and learn everything you need to know from a Master Builders Members Legal expert.
This 4-hour workshop has been designed specifically for builders and subcontractors working in the construction industry.
You'll learn what you need to do to comply, how to protect your right to payment and what contracts you can use to drastically reduce your paperwork.
Great news - this course is currently funded by Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) – eligible students could save $200 off the course full price, paying only $20.^
^For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (participants must work in the building and construction industry to be eligible).
Workshops and spots are limited – so book your place today!
Chapter 3 of the BIF Act commenced on 17 December 2018 and applies to all projects from $0 and up, residential and commercial projects, civil works and building projects, licensed and unlicensed building work.
It will apply even if you are not in dispute and applies to builders, subcontractors, suppliers, consultants and principals/owners.
There are mandatory obligations with hefty fines and disciplinary action if you are a QBCC licence holder. It is a complex process that will require you to change the way you run your business to protect yourself.
The session is interactive and will focus on the practical elements of how this chapter of the BIF Act works on day to day activities and will answer questions such as:
- Which contracts does it apply to?
- What do I need to put in my contract to protect myself – both as a claimant and as a respondent?
- How do I respond to a payment claim?
- If I have not been paid, what can I do?
Full course cost:
Funded course cost:
^CSQ funds to a maximum of $200 for this course (participants must work in the building and construction industry to be eligible). Call 1300 136 002 to enrol or for more information.
|Outcome||Statement of Completion|
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills. |
Participants must work in the building and construction industry.