- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIF Workshops
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Estimating Essentials
- Financial Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Learn everything you need to comply
Project Bank Accounts already apply to government projects between $1M and $10M Inc. GST under Chapter 2 BIFA.
This has been mandatory since March 2018 and will continue to apply, therefore it's vital for builders who carry out government work that falls within these limit to learn what's required and ensure that they comply with Chapter 2 BIFA.
There are significant consequences (fines and imprisonment) for non-compliance. Enrol in one of our livestream interactive workshops and learn from a Master Builders Members Legal specialist what you need to do to comply with the numerous obligations for head contractors for a Project Bank Account project.
Eligible students pay just $20 (save $200)^ with funding.
For full funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (participants must work in the building and construction industry to be eligible).^
LIVESTREAM ONLINE INTERACTIVE COURSES - SEE 'UPCOMING DATES'
Workshops and spots are limited – so book your place today!
The legislation for Project Bank Accounts has been in place since March 2018 and applies to all projects in which:
- The contract price is between $1m and $10m Inc. GST
- The principal is the state government (or a state authority if they opt-in)
- More than 50% of the contract price is for ‘building work’ as that term is defined in Chapter 2 of the BIF Act; and
- The builder engages subcontractors.
There are significant consequences (fines and imprisonment) for non-compliance. In this workshop, we’ll walk you through what you need to do to comply with the numerous obligations for head contractors for a Project Bank Account project.
In this practical workshop you'll learn:
- How to set-up the accounts
- What notifications you need to give to the principal and the subcontractors
- How deposits into the accounts are handled
- How payments out of the accounts are handled
- What trust account records must be kept
- How to manage the accounts
- What other obligations you have.
Full course cost:
Funded course cost:
^CSQ funds to a maximum of $200 for this course (participants must work in the building and construction industry to be eligible). You can check your funding eligibility here or call us on 1300 136 002.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills. |
Participants must work in the building and construction industry.
This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course.
Choose a date and venue that suits you by choosing whether you're eligible for a fully funded option or can take advantage of our member price. Not sure which to choose or no dates that suit? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02 for assistance or to register your interest for the next course date in your area.
If you are not eligible for funding, choose from the below course options to book. The full price for both members and non-members face-to-face course is $220 (Inc. GST). Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
If you are eligible for funding, choose from the below course options to book. The funded price for both members and non-members is $20 (Inc. GST)^. Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
^CSQ funds to a maximum of $200 for this course (participants must work in the building and construction industry to be eligible). Call 1300 136 002 to check eligibilty or for more information.