- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIF Workshops
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Set-up and manage Project and Retention Trust Accounts
Builders - are you confused about setting up and managing Project Bank Accounts, the new model and how to transition? Then our four-hour, practical workshop is for you.
Learn from a Master Builders Members Legal specialist what you need to do, how to minimise paperwork and comply. Find out everything you need to know and avoid serious fines and potential jail time.
Eligible students pay just $20 (save $200)^ with funding.
For full funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (participants must work in the building and construction industry to be eligible).^
Workshops and spots are limited – so book your place today!
The legislation has changed regarding how Project Bank Accounts operate and there are significant consequences (fines and imprisonment) for non-compliance. Under the new regime, there are two different types of Statutory Trust Accounts – Project Trust Account and Retention Trust Account. The rules for each are different and in this workshop, we’ll walk you through what you need to do to comply with the numerous obligations for each type.
In this practical workshop, you'll learn:
- How to set-up the trust accounts
- What notifications you need to give to the principal, the subcontractors, and the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC)
- How deposits into the accounts are handled
- How payments out of the accounts are handled
- What trust account records must be kept
- How to manage the trust accounts
- What other obligations you have.
Full course cost:
Funded course cost:
^CSQ funds to a maximum of $200 for this course (participants must work in the building and construction industry to be eligible). You can check your funding eligibility here or call us on 1300 136 002.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills. |
Participants must work in the building and construction industry.
This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course.
Choose a date and venue that suits you by choosing whether you're eligible for a fully funded option or can take advantage of our member price. Not sure which to choose or no dates that suit? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02 for assistance or to register your interest for the next course date in your area.
If you are not eligible for funding, choose from the below course options to book. The full price for both members and non-members face-to-face course is $220 (Inc. GST). Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
If you are eligible for funding, choose from the below course options to book. The funded price for both members and non-members is $20 (Inc. GST)^. Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
^CSQ funds to a maximum of $200 for this course (participants must work in the building and construction industry to be eligible). Call 1300 136 002 to check eligibilty or for more information.