- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate III (construction trades)
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Passive Fire Rated System Installation
- Pre-apprenticeship Program
- Business management & operations
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Sealing the Deal (quoting to win work)
- I Want That Job (responding to tender)
- Money In, Money Out (cash flow)
- Getting Your Dough (getting paid)
- Workers That Work (a guide for engaging workers)
- Time-Saving Tools (electronic tools for construction – systems & devices)
- Ready, Web, Go (digital readiness)
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Get your project management qualifications
This Diploma of Project Management course has been customised for all builders looking to improve their skills and knowledge in managing project scope, timing and budgets.
Project managers, site supervisors and foremen will benefit from the streamlined approach to course content and delivery.
Offering a mix of face-to-face delivery and online assessment, you'll learn how to successfully apply and deliver projects in your day-to-day work environment within scope, on time and under budget.
Why not come along to one of our free information evenings?
Upcoming dates are listed below, or you can contact us for more information and to register.
For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (eligibility applies).
The construction industry is based on the principles of project management. Those companies who can establish systems to manage their projects more efficiently will ultimately be more successful.
The skills and knowledge in the Diploma of Project Management are at the core of any builders or their site based supervisor job role. Failure to properly manage projects will see scope creep, budget blow-outs and/or time delays with more disgruntled clients.
This course is a must for all project managers, site managers and other departmental leaders. Please note this is not a generic project management course, Master Builders has customised the content to be construction specific.
This course recognises the project-based nature of the industry that allows us to deliver the course over the shorter time-period. After the successful completion of the workshops and related assessment activities, students are eligible to receive the Diploma of Project Management.
To achieve a Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415) qualification, students must successfully complete a range of assessment activities that will demonstrate their ability to manage a range of skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Project scope, quality and risk
- Project time and cost
- Project integration
- Stakeholder engagement
- Procurement and governance
- Information & communication techniques and
- Human resource management.
|Duration||Up to 12 months*|
*Given the nature of the industry, Master Builders recognises that students will have pre-existing knowledge which has reduced the overall duration of the course. Please see below Entry Requirements for student suitability.
6 delivery days face-to-face* (mostly on weekends), plus workplace project.
*Option to gain recognition for prior learning.
Full course costs:
Funded course costs:
^CSQ funds to a maximum of $2,565 for this course (subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria). Call 1300 136 002 to check your eligibility and to enrol.
BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
|Entry requirements/ Student Suitability||Students wishing to enrol must be able to demonstrate at least 12 months previous experience working within a project team.|
|Region||Course code||Info session||Enrolment close date||Course start date||Census date 1||Census date 2||Census date 3|
Upcoming information sessions
Information sessions are for both Certificate IV & Diploma in Project Management.
- Tuesday, 15 January 2019 | 5:30pm - 6:30pm | Sunshine Coast
- Wednesday, 27 February 2019 | 5:30pm - 6:30pm | Brisbane
- Thursday, 7 March 2019 | 5:30pm - 6:30pm | Far North Queensland (Cairns)
- Tuesday, 30 April 2019 | 5:30pm - 6:30pm | Gold Coast
Enrolments open - phone 1300 13 60 02 today!
VET student loan availability
Master Builders Queensland is an approved provider of Commonwealth Government supported VET Student Loans for our Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses. If you’re considering undertaking a Diploma of Project Management and want to defer the upfront cost then a commonwealth supported VET Student Loan could be the answer.
Give one of our friendly and helpful team a call to talk through your eligibility and options on 1300 063 002.
About VET student loans
*VET student loans will not be approved for students who don't meet eligibility requirements. VET student loans gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt to the Commonwealth Government until it's repaid.
Master Builders Queensland. RTO 30097.
Terms & conditions
Please read Master Builders training and licensing policies prior to enrolment.