- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIF Chapter 3 Workshop
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Save time and money on the job
Our one-day, face-to-face Electrical Testing & Tagging training course will qualify you to legally inspect and test your own portable electrical appliances and equipment, saving you time and money.
This training course is suited to anyone working in the building and construction sector.
This course provides participants with the skills and qualifications to legally inspect and test portable electrical appliances and equipment, saving time and hundreds of dollars every year.
- Inspecting and testing portable electrical appliances such as power saws and electric drills
- Single phase 240v equipment, cords, plugs and sockets
- Residual current devices
- Three phase 415v equipment
- Identification of safe and unsafe equipment
- Test instruments
Please note, this course allows you to test and tag your own electrical equipment, or the electrical equipment of the company you work for. The course does not allow you to test and tag electrical equipment of other businesses.
Call 1300 136 002 for more information on course enrolment and payment options.
|Outcome||Statement of Completion|
|Eligibility||Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills, and must be 18 years or over|
Students are responsible for sourcing their own testing equipment after they have successfully completed the course which may start from approximately $1,000.
Terms & conditions
Please read Master Builders training and licensing policies prior to enrolment.
What our students say
The trainer was very good at demonstrating knowledge and catered well for all persons on the course.
Very helpful and informative. Comprehensive course content.
Peter Johnston Tiling Pty Ltd
Very easy to understand and great on hands experience with testing equipment.