- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Passive Fire Rated System Installation
- Pre-apprenticeship Program
Business management & operations
- BCIPA/BIF Chapter 3 Workshop
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Quoting Workshop
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Sealing the Deal (quoting to win work)
- I Want That Job (responding to tender)
- Money In, Money Out (cash flow)
- Getting Your Dough (getting paid)
- Workers That Work (a guide for engaging workers)
- Time-Saving Tools (electronic tools for construction – systems & devices)
- Ready, Web, Go (digital readiness)
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Want to become a builder?
Our Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building) is for trade contractors, site supervisors and foremen, and tradespeople.
It will give you the technical qualification you need to apply for a Builder Low Rise Licence through the Queensland Building and Construction Commission.
This program covers building construction theory and practices related to low rise buildings, providing the knowledge and managerial skills required to manage a successful residential building business.
We regularly run free information evenings in various regions throughout Queensland, with upcoming dates listed below. Or, you can contact us for details on upcoming info nights near you on 1300 136 002.
For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (eligibility applies).
Our Certificate IV in Building and Construction course has been designed and developed in consultation with industry leaders, so you can be confident what you’re learning is relevant.
- Master Builders trainers are recognised experts in their field
- Our Cert IV course has a reputation for delivering superior outcomes – often exceeding industry standards.
- We focus on face-to-face training because we know more one-on-one time with teachers means our students gain a greater depth of knowledge.
- We run free information evenings prior to the start of our Cert IV courses to ensure our students have a thorough understanding of what to expect and to ensure an easy transition into study.
- Students who find it hard to get to one of our nine training centres benefit from the flexibility of self-paced learning.
- Our recognised prior learning (RPL) service means we can assess your skills and experience and, in some cases, help you gain formal qualifications quicker.
Master Builders offers more than just training. Our courses are open to everyone, but our members enjoy the added value of ongoing support when applying for licenses, as well as help with career planning and value pricing.
Our Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building) course is divided into eight clusters of learning that are based on the issues we know are important in the building and construction sector today.
These clusters include:
- Managing OH&S
- Building principals and codes
- Project site surveys
- Resource management
- Project management
- Planning building and construction work
- Contract management
- Managing small business finances.
|Duration||10 months – face-to-face delivery/self-paced learning OR 6 months recognition of prior learning|
|Outcome||Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) qualification (upon completing all 16 units)|
|Delivery||Face-to-face learning, self-paced learning or recognition of prior learning|
|Costs and funding|
Self-paced price: $5,970
RPL price: $4,335
Call 1300 136 002 to check your eligibility and to enrol.
For distance and face-to-face delivery, prior to enrolment, candidates should be able to demonstrate a minimum of 12 months post carpentry and/or bricklaying trade (24 months for all other trades) and demonstrate a minimum level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.
For RPL, prior to enrolment, candidates must be:
It is expected that all participants have access to internet and office technology and able to produce photographic identification, including a general safety induction card.
To enrol, candidates will need to meet the eligibility criteria, participate in a phone interview with Master Builders and undertake a LLN assessment.
Courses starting in regions around Queensland soon! Phone 1300 13 60 02 today!
Terms & conditions
Please read Master Builders training and licensing policies prior to enrolment.
What our students say
Easy to deal with, like-minded teachers and course instructors. Master Builders’ Cert IV was way more involved than many of the other Cert IV courses now available.
Challis Builders Qld Pty Ltd
It covered all aspects thoroughly and the teachers were very helpful.
Scanline Fire Doors
The expert knowledge and way in which the facilitator presented the course.
Master Builders’ Cert IV by RPL was easy and straightforward and the assessors were very helpful and easy to communicate with. There were no call centre queues and the people at Master Builders were very personable. It was well worth the effort.