- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIF Workshops
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Estimating Essentials
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
Policy & advocacy
- Election 2020
- Our platform
- Project Bank Accounts
- Policy submissions
- State Budget 2019-20
- First Home Owners' Boost
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Policy & advocacy
- Terms & conditions
Want to become a builder?
Our Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) is for trade contractors, site supervisors and foremen, and tradespeople.
It will give you the technical qualification you need to apply for a Low Rise Builders Licence through the QBCC.
This program covers building construction theory and practices related to low rise buildings, providing the knowledge and managerial skills required to manage a successful residential building business.
For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (eligibility applies).
Our Certificate IV in Building and Construction course has been designed and developed in consultation with industry leaders, so you can be confident what you’re learning is relevant.
- Master Builders trainers are recognised experts in their field
- Our Cert IV course has a reputation for delivering superior outcomes – often exceeding industry standards.
- We focus on face-to-face training because we know more time with teachers means our students gain a greater depth of knowledge.
- We may run free information evenings prior to the start of our Cert IV courses to ensure our students have a thorough understanding of what to expect and to ensure an easy transition into study.
- Our Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) service means we can assess your skills and experience and, in some cases, help you gain formal qualifications quicker.
Master Builders offers more than just training. Our courses are open to everyone, but our members enjoy the added value of ongoing support when applying for licenses, as well as help with career planning and value pricing.
Our Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) course is based on the issues we know are important in the building and construction sector today.
The course covers:
- Managing WHS
- Building principals and codes
- Project site surveys
- Resource management
- Project management
- Planning building and construction work
- Contract management
- Managing small business finances.
CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
|Delivery||Face-to-face learning or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)|
|Costs and funding|
Face-to-face full price:
Face-to-face funded prices:
Full RPL (16 units) prices:
RPL Site Supervisor (10 units only) prices:
^CSQ funds to a maximum of $354.38 per unit for this course (subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria).
Read the full CSQ eligibility detail or call 1300 136 002 for more information and to enrol.
To enrol students must:
Call our team on 1300 13 60 02 to discuss our RPL eligibility criteria.
Upcoming courses starting
- Wednesday, 7 October 2020 | Sunshine Coast
- Thursday, 8 October 2020 | Gold Coast
- Tuesday, 27 October 2020 | Brisbane
- Wednesday, 28 October 2020 | Townsville
- Saturday, 27 February 2021 | Toowoomba
- Saturday, 17 April 2021 | Rockhampton
- Saturday, 12 June 2021 | Mackay
- Saturday, 7 August 2021 | Cairns
- Saturday, 14 August 2021 | Hervey Bay
To enrol, call 1300 13 60 02.
Terms & conditions
What our students say
Easy to deal with, like-minded teachers and course instructors. Master Builders’ Cert IV was way more involved than many of the other Cert IV courses now available.
Challis Builders Qld Pty Ltd
It covered all aspects thoroughly and the teachers were very helpful.
Scanline Fire Doors
The expert knowledge and way in which the facilitator presented the course.
Master Builders’ Cert IV by RPL was easy and straightforward and the assessors were very helpful and easy to communicate with. There were no call centre queues and the people at Master Builders were very personable. It was well worth the effort.