- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Practical Licensing Applications Workshop
Business management & operations
- BIFA Workshops
- Building Consultant & Expert Witness Seminar
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Residential Building Contracts
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Want to become a builder?
Our Certificate IV in Building and Construction is for trade contractors, site supervisors and foremen, and tradespeople.
It will give you the technical qualification you need to apply for a Low Rise Builders Licence through the QBCC.
This program covers building construction theory and practices related to low rise buildings, providing the knowledge and managerial skills required to manage a successful residential building business.
For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (eligibility applies).
Our Certificate IV in Building and Construction course has been designed and developed in consultation with industry leaders, so you can be confident what you’re learning is relevant.
- Master Builders trainers are recognised experts in their field
- Our Cert IV course has a reputation for delivering superior outcomes – often exceeding industry standards.
- We focus on face-to-face training because we know more time with teachers means our students gain a greater depth of knowledge.
- We may run free information evenings prior to the start of our Cert IV courses to ensure our students have a thorough understanding of what to expect and to ensure an easy transition into study.
- Our Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) service means we can assess your skills and experience and, in some cases, help you gain formal qualifications quicker.
Master Builders offers more than just training. Our courses are open to everyone, but our members enjoy the added value of ongoing support when applying for licenses, as well as help with career planning and value pricing.
Our Certificate IV in Building and Construction course is based on the issues we know are important in the building and construction sector today.
The course covers:
- Managing WHS
- Building principals and codes
- Project site surveys
- Resource management
- Project management
- Planning building and construction work
- Contract management
- Managing small business finances.
Face-to-face course details
|Duration||Face-to-face delivery - approximately 10 months|
|Outcome||CPC40120 Certificate IV in Building and Construction|
Face-to-face learning or RPL*
*Call us on 1300 13 60 02 if you believe you have the relevant experience to qualify for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
|Costs and funding|
Face-to-face full price:
Face-to-face funded price:
^CSQ funds to a maximum of $5,670 or $7,087.50 for eligible apprentices (subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria). Click here for more information or call 1300 136 002 to check your eligibility and to enrol.
To enrol students must:
RPL course details
|Duration||Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - up to a period of 90 days|
|Outcome||CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)|
|Delivery||Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)|
|Costs and funding|
Full RPL (16 units) prices:
|RPL eligibility||Call our team on 1300 13 60 02 to discuss our RPL eligibility criteria.|
Upcoming courses starting
- 16 November 2021 | Sunshine Coast
- 22 November 2021 | Brisbane
- 30 November 2021 | Gold Coast
- 1 December 2021 | Brisbane
- 12 January 2022 | Townsville
To enrol, or for more information call 1300 13 60 02.
Terms & conditions
What our students say
Easy to deal with, like-minded teachers and course instructors. Master Builders’ Cert IV was way more involved than many of the other Cert IV courses now available.
Challis Builders Qld Pty Ltd
It covered all aspects thoroughly and the teachers were very helpful.
Scanline Fire Doors
The expert knowledge and way in which the facilitator presented the course.
Master Builders’ Cert IV by RPL was easy and straightforward and the assessors were very helpful and easy to communicate with. There were no call centre queues and the people at Master Builders were very personable. It was well worth the effort.