- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate III (construction trades)
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Passive Fire Rated System Installation
- Pre-apprenticeship Program
- Business management & operations
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Sealing the Deal (quoting to win work)
- I Want That Job (responding to tender)
- Money In, Money Out (cash flow)
- Getting Your Dough (getting paid)
- Workers That Work (a guide for engaging workers)
- Time-Saving Tools (electronic tools for construction – systems & devices)
- Ready, Web, Go (digital readiness)
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
In 2016 Master Builders Australia was successfully awarded a contract to deliver a pre-apprenticeship program. As part of this contract, Master Builders Queensland has developed a pilot program aimed at helping aspiring tradies get into the industry locally.
About the program
The Pre-apprenticeship Program is a four-week program developed by Master Builders and will deliver courses in west Brisbane and north Brisbane locations.
The four weeks are broken into two main components:
- Two-week intensive practical training block: During this time participants will gain practical skills that will be used from day one on the work site.
- Following the two-week training block, participants will undertake two-weeks work experience placement (prac) on a work site with a prospective employer.
Currently there are no programs scheduled, however you can register your interest below.
Brisbane North Program
Brisbane West Program
Information for students
This program has been designed to give participating students a head start in their quest for an apprenticeship and ultimately a trade.
|Training times||7:30am - 4:30pm daily|
|What to bring||Students will need to bring their own food, drinks, notepad and pens.|
|What we'll provide|
Master Builders will supply each participant a Pre-apprenticeship Program tool kit that is required to be worn and used each day of the program. The kit includes:
|Costs and funding|
This course is fully funded for approved participants - eligibility criteria applies.
Information for employers
Are you in the market for a new apprentice? Looking for someone with practical skills and real experience before making a long-term commitment? Then this program is for you.
The Pre-apprenticeship Program is available to employers in the building and construction industry who are actively looking for an apprentice. It gives employers a great opportunity to work with a student for two-weeks during their practical component of the course, before making a commitment to taking them on as a full-time apprentice.
If at the end of the two weeks you like what you see you can choose to take them on full-time. If not, simply send them back to find another employer. It's totally obligation free.
Register your interest as an employer by contacting our Training team on 1300 136 002.
- All employers will be vetted prior to taking on an apprentice
- Employers who wish to employ the participant at the end of the program can do so either via either direct indenture or via a partner group training provider
- Participants are fully screened prior to commencement of the program
- Participants undertake practical training focusing on skills and attitude
- Participants must have own transport, driver’s license and white card in order to participate
- Participants will be equipped with a full Pre-apprenticeship Program kit including, work wear, boots, hard hat, glasses & hearing protection
- Participants will be supplied with a basic tool kit including: nail bag, hammer, tape, chisel, square, punch & pencils
- The two weeks students are with you for their work experience (prac), they are at no cost and you can send them back at any time.
In partnership with: