- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIF Workshops
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Know your award obligations and how to avoid the pitfalls of unfair dismissal.
Exclusive to Master Builders' members who wish to do a refresher on their obligations under the Modern Award and Fair Work Act 2009 in relation to wages, entitlements and what can often be complicated conditions of employment.
This training workshop is for employers and their HR representatives.
Employers have an onus to prove they are paying employees the correct award and conditions. Ignorance is not a defence. Award breach can lead to civil penalties and wages recovery.
Disciplining or dismissing or counselling employees can often be a daunting experience for fear of not ‘getting it right’ and subsequently being exposed to costly unfair dismissal claims.
The best remedy to management anxiety is the effective recruitment, training and performance review of employees. However, if termination is unavoidable, then it must be done with least exposure to litigation.
During the course you will work through real life examples and have an opportunity to learn from the experience of others. Templates and best practice performance management guides and resources will be available to all attendees.The session will predominantly focus on:
1. Understanding Modern Awards:
- The National Employment Standards
- The Building and Construction General On-Site Award 2010
- The Clerks Private Sector Award 2010
In addition, attendees will learn how to calculate and draft Individual Flexibility Agreements that will allow you to pay flat hourly rates to your workers.You will also receive template contracts, a copy of relevant wage circulars and ongoing support from the Master Builders' Workplace Relations Team.
2. Managing Poor Performance / Unfair Dismissal
This short course sets to provide a practical overview of current legislation and your obligations as an employer in respect to:
- Effectively managing probationary periods
- Addressing performance issues with your staff
- Dealing with terminations
- Consultation obligations with regard to workplace change
- Unfair Dismissal Applications
- General Protections/Adverse Action Applications.
This course is made available exclusively to Master Builders members and their employees.
|Cost||Members: $180 (includes GST)|
|Outcome||This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. |
You will receive a Statement of Completion.
|Eligibility||Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills. All participants must also be members, or employees of members of Master Builders.|
This is a Master Builders member-only course: $180 (Inc. GST). If you are a Master Builders member, choose from the below course options to book. Need help? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02.