- Services & advice
- Our events
Housing & Construction Awards
- Entering the awards
- Award ceremonies
- Downs & Western
- Gold Coast
- Wide Bay Burnett
- Sunshine Coast
- Central Queensland
- Mackay & Whitsunday
- North Queensland
- Far North Queensland
- Past winners
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Once you’ve entered your project, we’ll let you know the next steps in the process.
Each entry is assessed against the judging criteria by a panel of independent judges during an on-site inspection (excludes some categories).
- Entry submitted through the online awards entry system.
- On-site inspection scheduled – Master Builders will contact you to advise your allocated inspection day and time. Please note: Due to the high volume of entries, flexibility around judges inspection times is limited; however we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible to allow for arrangements with staff and building/home owners.
- Judging day – On-site inspection – our independent judges will inspect and judge your entry according to the judging criteria (available in detail in our online awards entry system).
- Deliberation – the regional judges will deliberate and choose a winner for each category in each region.
- Regional winners announced – regional winners are announced at each regional award ceremony.
- State judging – the state judges will deliberate and choose a state winner for each category.
- State winners announced – state winners are announced at the State Housing & Construction Awards.
- National judging commences – not all categories go through to the National Awards. All eligible Queensland winners will be chosen to compete at a national level. Entrants will be notified if they are chosen to go through to the National Awards.
- National winners announced – national winners are announced at the National Excellence in Building and Construction Awards.
Various categories require a written submission and will be judged solely on the submission provided, not in person by the judging panel. You will be prompted to provide a written submission for these categories in our online awards entry system. You only need to include a written submission if explicitly stated.
The name printed on the award/trophy will be the licensee name and, if applicable, one recorded trading name as per the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) public register.
Where there is more than one recorded trading name, Master Builders will contact the entrant for clarification. The project/house title will also be included on the trophy.
Additional trophies may be ordered after the award ceremony; however, name or wording changes cannot be made, except in the case where an error has been made to the entrant’s name or project.
Please contact Master Builders for additional trophy orders.