- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Practical Licensing Applications Workshop
Business management & operations
- BIFA Workshops
- Building Consultant & Expert Witness Seminar
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Commercial Building Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Residential Building Contracts Administration
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Technical skills
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Get SWMS proficient
This training workshop has been designed for builders and trade contractors.
A safe work method statement (SWMS) must be prepared for any high-risk construction work and provides step-by-step procedures on how the work can be undertaken safely.
This workshop provides members with practical and simple-to-follow guidance on how to prepare safe work method statements.
Health and safety laws require a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) to provide documented evidence about how they will control exposure to risk of injury and illness when performing certain tasks.
Safe work method statements (SWMS) are an effective way of demonstrating this, and are prepared by the builder for their employees, or by the subcontractor for their workers and themselves.
A SWMS must be prepared for any high risk construction work and provides step-by-step procedures on how the work can be undertaken safely.
The SWMS should be prepared in consultation with those doing the work, and processes should be in place to ensure they are also familiar with all safety procedures outlined in the SWMS.
Preparing Safe Work Method Statements is a process that many construction businesses often find overwhelming and complex.
This workshop is designed to provide members with practical and simple-to-follow guidance on how to prepare safe work method statements, and covers topics such as:
- The legislative requirements and high risk construction work
- Understanding the risk management process and why it’s important
- The preparation of a safe work method statement using the Master Builders eDocs system
- Reviewing safe work method statements.
This course is made available exclusively to Master Builders members and their employees.
|Outcome||This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. |
You will receive a Statement of Completion.
|Course code||Prepare Safe Work Method Statements|
|Delivery||Face-to-face or livestream (see 'Upcoming Dates' for options)|
|Cost||Members: $85 (includes GST)|
|Eligibility||Candidates must demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.|
This is a Master Builders member-only course: $85 (Inc. GST). If you are a Master Builders member, choose from the below course options to book. Need help? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02.