- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIF Chapter 3 Workshop
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Get SWMS proficient
This training workshop has been designed for builders and trade contractors.
A safe work method statement (SWMS) must be prepared for any high-risk construction work and provides step-by-step procedures on how the work can be undertaken safely.
This workshop provides members with practical and simple-to-follow guidance on how to prepare safe work method statements.
Health and safety laws require a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) to provide documented evidence about how they will control exposure to risk of injury and illness when performing certain tasks.
Safe work method statements (SWMS) are an effective way of demonstrating this, and are prepared by the builder for their employees, or by the subcontractor for their workers and themselves.
A SWMS must be prepared for any high risk construction work and provides step-by-step procedures on how the work can be undertaken safely.
The SWMS should be prepared in consultation with those doing the work, and processes should be in place to ensure they are also familiar with all safety procedures outlined in the SWMS.
Preparing Safe Work Method Statements is a process that many construction businesses often find overwhelming and complex.
This workshop is designed to provide members with practical and simple-to-follow guidance on how to prepare safe work method statements, and covers topics such as:
- The legislative requirements and high risk construction work
- Understanding the risk management process and why it’s important
- The preparation of a safe work method statement using the Master Builders eDocs system
- Reviewing safe work method statements.
|Outcome||This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. |
You will receive a Statement of Completion.
|Course code||Prepare Safe Work Method Statements|
|Cost||$85 (member-only course) GST inclusive|
|Eligibility||Candidates must demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.|