- Services & advice
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Master Builders has access to a wide range of funding for students, which can significantly reduce course fees on eligible courses and for eligible students.
Construction Skills Queensland
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent, industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
Funding opportunities, in partnership with Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ), are available statewide from time to time, and will be allocated on a first in, best dressed basis, subject to CSQ’s eligibility criteria.
- An existing worker currently employed in the construction industry
- An Australian or New Zealand or permanent resident of Australia or a refugee and Humanitarian visa holder
- Permanently reside in Queensland or be permanently employed in the Qld construction industry
- Must not be an employee of any authority (local, state, or Commonwealth Government Department or statutory body) or RTO
- Must not be a contracted trainer or assessor.
It's important to note that if you're eligible and successful in obtaining funding for a short course or qualification through CSQ for your course with Master Builders now, you won't be eligible for any additional funding from CSQ under the same contract.
A condition of the funding is that there is a mandatory student contribution fee. Master Builders will advise this fee throughout the enrolment process.
BERT Training Fund
The BERT Training Fund (BTF) assists in the training of workers in the building and construction industry who are members of the Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT).
Through skills training, workers can increase their skills, knowledge and expertise. This leads to better employment options, higher wages and a more productive industry.
BTF will provide assistance in both trade and non-trade occupations and in the building, civil and engineering construction sectors of the industry.
- Be employed by a BERT member and/or
- Be a BERT contributing member.
- 100% for a student who has a BERT Fund registration number and whose employer contributes to the BERT Fund
- 75% for a student who doesn't have a BERT Fund registration number but is employed by an employer who contributes on behalf of other employees into the BERT Fund
- 50% for all other eligible students.
Funding is not available for students who are employees of state government departments or shareholding entities, or local government authorities. Students may be eligible to receive a refund of course fees paid if they have a BERT Fund registration number but their employer doesn't contribute to the BERT Fund.
You can contact BERT Training Fund directly on (07) 3833 1191 or email them for more information.
Please give us a call to discuss the best funding option for your course.