- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIF Chapter 3 Workshop
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Silica dust – are you health aware?
Employers, did you know it’s your legal responsibility to ensure your workers are trained in identifying hazards and the appropriate controls needed to keep them safe?
In recent years there's been a growing concern over the health impacts of exposure to silica dust. Silica is contained in many common construction products and exposure can result in severe medical conditions, such as lung cancer, Silicosis, kidney disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
If you or your employees are working with concrete, tiles, block, stone or any materials that potentially expose them to respirable crystalline silica - this course is for you and your team.
Face-to-face courses starting soon in all nine Master Builders locations throughout Queensland.
Our face-to-face Silica Awareness course with practical demonstrations will get you up to speed on must-know health and safety information to ensure you and your team are protected.
This course has been designed to provide all construction workers with information on high-risk products, identifying possible hazards and appropriate controls needed to mitigate risk.
Our new 4-hour Silica Awareness course covers:
- What is respirable crystalline silica?
- Where it can be found
- Health effects
- Control measures to use when working with respirable crystalline silica, using the hierarchy of controls
- Fit testing requirements
- Air monitoring requirements and processes
- Practical demonstrations and activities, such as developing a Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
|Delivery||Face-to-face at Master Builders or, for groups of 10+, we'll come to you|
Full course costs:
LIMITED TIME SPECIAL SEPTEMBER 2019 COURSE PRICE:
Contact our friendly training team on 1300 136 002 for more information or to enrol.
Statement of completion
Courses starting soon in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast, Hervey Bay, Mackay, Rockhampton, Townsville and Cairns.