- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Practical Licensing Applications Workshop
Business management & operations
- BIFA Workshops
- Building Consultant & Expert Witness Seminar
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Residential Building Contracts
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Technical skills
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Are you new to working with light gauge steel frames and trusses?
This course will give you the practical knowledge and skills required to work efficiently with steel frames and trusses.
Our user-friendly self-paced online learning combined with a livestream Q&A panel discussion makes it easy to fit in your schedule to upskill fast. You'll have the opportunity to raise questions in the Q&A from your online learning or situations you have encountered in the field.
Whether you're an apprentice, carpenter, a builder new to working with steel, or looking to engage an experienced sub-contractor, this is the course for you.
As steel framing becomes more widely used throughout Australia, it's important to understand what steel offers to the integrity of homes, along with how to work with the material. Through this training, you'll work your way through a series of online videos detailing how to work with light gauge steel frames and trusses. You'll also have the opportunity to raise any questions with the industry expert panel during the one-hour livestream Q&A.
The course encompasses the practical knowledge and skills required to work efficiently with steel frames and trusses. It covers the below topics:
- Erecting walls
- Replace damaged studs
- Replace stripped screws
- Modifying window openings
- Apply thermal breaks
- Attach roof trusses
- Adding a noggin
- Punching additional holes
- Steel frame fabrication process
In the Q&A panel you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have either from the videos or from issues you have encountered in the field. The panel discussion will also cover an array of frequently asked questions.
|Duration & Delivery||Online self-paced learning plus 1 hour livestream Q&A panel|
|Cost||Members and non-members special offer: $50 (Inc. GST)|
|Outcome||This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. |
You will receive a Statement of Completion.
The special price for both members and non-members is $50 (Inc. GST). Please choose from the below locations and dates to book. Not sure which to choose or no dates that suit? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02 for assistance or to register your interest for the next course date in your area.