- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Practical Licensing Applications Workshop
Business management & operations
- BIFA Workshops
- Building Consultant & Expert Witness Seminar
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Residential Building Contracts
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Avoiding the pitfalls
Exclusive to Master Builders' members who wish to do a refresher on their obligations under the Modern Award and Fair Work Act 2009 in relation to wages, entitlements and what can often be complicated conditions of employment.
This training workshop is for employers and their HR representatives and is a livestream interactive online course.
Employers have an onus to prove they are paying employees the correct award and conditions. Ignorance is not a defence. Award breach can lead to civil penalties and wages recovery.
During the course you will work through real life examples and have an opportunity to learn from the experience of others. Templates and best practice performance management guides and resources will be available to all attendees. The session will predominantly focus on:
Paying Your People - Avoiding the Pitfalls:
- The National Employment Standards
- The Building and Construction General On-Site Award 2010
- The Clerks Private Sector Award 2010
In addition, attendees will learn how to calculate and draft Individual Flexibility Agreements that will allow you to pay flat hourly rates to your workers. You will also receive template contracts, a copy of relevant wage circulars and ongoing support from the Master Builders' Workplace Relations Team.
This course is made available exclusively to Master Builders members and their employees.
|Delivery||Livestream online interactive workshop|
|Cost||Members: $99 (includes GST)|
|Outcome||This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. |
You will receive a Statement of Completion.
|Eligibility||Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills. All participants must also be members, or employees of members of Master Builders.|
This is a Master Builders member-only course: $99 (Inc. GST). If you are a Master Builders member, choose from the below course options to book. Need help? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02.