Services & advice
- Building, planning & development
- Contracts & disputes
- Employment & wages
- Health, safety & environment
- Laws, codes & regulations
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Master Builders Members Legal is Master Builders' wholly owned legal practice.
Members Legal offers legal and contractual advice exclusively to members, tailored to your business or specific circumstances.
Why use Members Legal?
Master Builders Queensland members receive advice and assistance on construction projects from Members Legal free of charge. You can use the service as many times a year as you need at no additional charge.
As a member, you can access:
- Contract advice specific to a member’s situation
- Legal and contractual advice relating to building and construction issues only (excludes matters outside of building and construction practice area, such as employment law, personal injury, industrial relations, and other general legal matters)
Free-of-charge advice includes:
- Which contract to use for your specific project
- Understanding terms and conditions of your contracts
- Extension of Time (EOT) claims and Variation claims
- Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 (BIFA) advice
- Payment disputes including adjudication processes
- Statutory Trust Accounts (STAs)
- Advice regarding QBCC decisions and directions
- Understanding new or updated legislation
- QCAT – general advice and processes.
Members Legal is unable to represent you in court or tribunal actions, or provide comprehensive advice on complex matters, such as terminating a contract. If the advice or service you need is outside of Members Legal scope, you will be referred to an appropriate external lawyer who is part of Master Builders' panel of lawyers.
Get in touch
Got a legal or contractual problem? Contact us and our customer service team will connect you with the Members Legal team, who'll be in touch to provide you with the advice you need, at no extra charge.
Individual liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation.