1 April 2020
Your latest regular update. More resources for builders and tradies, our new Business Endurance webinar series and portable long service leave...
This COVID-19 member update is unlocked and free to all in the interests of the building and construction industry. Did you know members have exclusive access to information and our team of experts who are on hand to assist in a range of ways? Need more specific COVID-19 advice relating to contracts, WHS, employment conditions or the relief measures? Members can contact us or learn how to join so you can speak with our experts and get free advice.
Social distancing & hygiene resources for builders & tradies
With the construction industry currently remaining open for business, we've developed some resources to assist. Providing you follow the social distancing rules, you can continue to provide building, renovation and repair services.
To assist, we've produced a number of resources, including:
- Health Disclosure Form - use this when visiting clients and private premises
- Notice to supply to clients - use this to confirm for clients you are authorised to attend
- COVID-19 site sign - use this to educate your workers on the guidelines
- COVID-19 site sign (public) - use this to reinforce to the public and workers on the measures you are taking
- Keep your distance checklist - use this to ensure you are following all the recommendations
We've also had reports that police are actively monitoring the social distancing rules on construction sites - so please be vigilant and ensure you are following the rules.
We're continuing our push to keep builders and tradies working.
Free Business Endurance webinars
We've developed a brand new webinar series covering industry specific topics that relate to keeping your business going during COVID-19.
This free live 45 minute webinar series will provide you with expert advice to help you through COVID-19 business challenges - particularly on topics like finance, HR, IT, contracts and health and safety.
TUESDAY 7 APRIL: FINANCE
Michael Renton (CEO of Xact Accounting) will take you through:
- Financial management during the COVID-19 crisis
- Cost control and cash flow strategies, forecasting your cash and debt accumulation
- Government grants and assistance
Claiming long service leave from QLeave
Workers who have been in the building and construction industry for 10 or more years may be able to claim long service leave from QLeave.
The fastest way to make a claim for long service leave, or check if you can make a claim, is by logging into QLeave's worker online services.
QLeave are receiving a high volume of long service leave requests due to the pandemic situation. Claims are generally processed within 5-10 business days at this time.
Find out more about claiming long service leave from QLeave.
We're here for you
We've got the information you need on:
- Contractual information for site shutdown or program delays
- How to deal contractually with a product delay
- Safety & hygiene practices
- Employment conditions
- Common employment FAQs
- Relief and stimulus packages
- Mental health and well-being
Help and advice
As usual, our staff are here to help. Whether you've got a question about protecting your business contractually, an employment or a health and safety question, our specialists are here and available to talk you through the options - get in touch.