8 January 2021
In light of today’s advice from the Palaszczuk government regarding a three-day lockdown for Greater Brisbane, we’re reaching out to ensure our members understand the state of play for our industry.
From 6pm tonight (8 January) until 6pm Monday (11 January), people in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay at home except:
- To attend work if you can’t work from home
- To buy essentials like groceries and medicine
- Look after the vulnerable and
- Exercise within their neighbourhood.
We have been advised that as was the case during the “hard lockdown” phase in March 2020, building and construction is considered an essential service, and remains open for business. If there are any changes to this, we will advise our members immediately.
The only addition is that everyone who leaves home in the affected local government areas during the lockdown period must wear a mask. This is a mandatory condition imposed by the Palaszczuk government.
At this stage, we believe that Display Villages will in all likelihood be required to be shut to the public for this period of time.
Our advice to members during this period is:
- Wear a mask
- Ensure your COVID-19 plan is up to date
- Implement hygiene measures – hand wash, sanitiser, and cleaning protocols
- Ensure social distancing measures are in place and enforced
- Limit numbers of people doing tasks to only those necessary
- Schedule work so that numbers of people in the same place are limited
- When dealing with homeowners – ensure that you only undertake work that is essential, and send only those people who need to go, to do the work
As always, anyone who develops symptoms of coronavirus must get tested, and self-isolate until they receive a negative test result.
We remain open for business and as always, are here to answer any questions you might have, so please feel free to reach out. By doing these things, we can help ensure our community and our businesses are protected.
We're trying to make it easier with loads of resources available:
- Health disclosure form (clients) – use this when visiting clients and private premises
- Health disclosure form (visitors) – use this form for visitors coming to your site or business
- Notice to supply to clients – use this to confirm for clients you are authorised to attend
- Notice to clients (product selections) – provide this notice to your clients to confirm that they are required to visit suppliers to make product selections as per their building contract
- COVID-19 site sign– use this to educate your workers on the guidelines
- COVID-19 site sign (public) – use this to reinforce to the public and workers on the measures you are taking
- Keep your distance checklist – use this to ensure you are following all the recommendations
- COVID-19 entry authorisation sign – use this for sites without constant supervision of visitors entering at the gate. Visitors can use this as a health self-assessment
- Digital banner (PDF or JPEG) – use this banner in your advertising and newsletters to demonstrate to customers and stakeholders that you are following the COVID-19 rules
- Display village visitors notice – use this notice in your display home to notify visitors of relevant rules and measures you've implemented
- COVID-19 cleaning guide & FAQs – use this cleaning guide to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your workplace.
We're here for you
We've got the information you need on: