- Services & advice
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
All entries into the Master Builders Housing & Construction Awards are judged against the following criteria as outlined in our Entry Handbook.
Once you’ve entered your project, we’ll let you know the next steps in the process.
Each entry is assessed against the judging criteria by a panel of independent judges during an on-site inspection.
Here's a brief overview of the judging process:
- Entry submitted through the online awards entry system.
- After entries are closed an on-site inspection is scheduled – Master Builders will contact you to advise your allocated inspection day and time. For judging periods refer to key dates.
On-site judging excludes entrants in the following categories, which/who will be judged solely on the submission provided:
Excellence in Energy Efficiency and Environmental Management
Excellence in Workplace Health & Safety
Excellence in Sustainable Living
Women in Building
Apprentice of the Year
- Judging day – On-site inspection – our independent judges will inspect and judge your entry according to the judging criteria.
- Deliberation – The regional judges will deliberate and choose a winner for each category.
- Regional winners announced – Regional winners are announced at each regional awards ceremony.
- Queensland judging – The Queensland judges will deliberate and choose a Queensland winner in each category.
- Queensland winners announced – Queensland winners are announced at the Queensland Housing & Construction Awards.
- National judging commences – Not all categories go through to the National Awards. All eligible Queensland winners will be chosen to compete at the national level. Immediately after the Queensland Awards, entrants will be notified if they have been chosen to go through to the National Awards.
Please note: Some awards may not be eligible for a National Award. Please confirm your category’s eligibility after the Queensland Awards.
- National winners announced – National winners are announced at the National Excellence in Building and Construction Awards.
Various categories require a written submission and will be judged solely on the submission provided, not in person by the judging panel. You will be prompted to provide a written submission for these categories in our online awards entry system. You only need to include a written submission if explicitly stated.