- Services & advice
- Our events
Housing & Construction Awards
- Entering the awards
- Award ceremonies
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
All entries into the 2021 Master Builders Housing & Construction Award are judged against the following criteria:
View the judging criteria for awards in the Housing categories.
View the judging criteria for awards in the Construction categories.
View the judging criteria for awards in the Specialty categories.
View the judging criteria for the Rising Star Award.
View the judging criteria for the Women in Building Award.
View the judging criteria for the Apprentice of the Year Award.
Once you’ve entered your project, we’ll let you know the next steps in the process.
Each entry is assessed against the judging criteria by a panel of independent judges during an on-site inspection.
Here's a brief overview of the judging process:
- Entry submitted through the online awards entry system.
- After entries are closed an on-site inspection is scheduled – Master Builders will contact you to advise your allocated inspection day and time.
On-site judging excludes entrants in the following categories, which/who will be judged solely on the submission provided:
Excellence in Energy Efficiency and Environmental Management
Excellence in Workplace Health & Safety
Excellence in Sustainable Living
Women in Building
Apprentice of the Year
Please note: Due to the high volume of entries, flexibility around judge’s inspection times is limited. However, Master Builders will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible to allow for arrangements with staff and building/home owners. In many cases the first week of judging commences 5-10 business days after entries close. Master Builders will be in contact after the final close date to schedule the on-site inspection.
- Judging day – On-site inspection – our independent judges will inspect and judge your entry according to the judging criteria.
- Deliberation – The regional judges will deliberate and choose a winner for each category.
- Regional winners announced – Regional winners are announced at each regional awards ceremony.
- Queensland judging – The Queensland judges will deliberate and choose a Queensland winner in each category.
- Queensland winners announced – Queensland winners are announced at the Queensland Housing & Construction Awards.
- National judging commences – Not all categories go through to the National Awards. All eligible Queensland winners will be chosen to compete at national level. Immediately after the Queensland Awards, entrants will be notified if they have been chosen to go through to the National Awards.
Please note: Some awards may not be eligible for a National Award. Please confirm your category’s eligibility after the Queensland Awards.
- National winners announced – National winners are announced at the National Excellence in Building and Construction Awards.
Various categories require a written submission and will be judged solely on the submission provided, not in person by the judging panel. You will be prompted to provide a written submission for these categories in our online awards entry system. You only need to include a written submission if explicitly stated.