All entries in the Master Builders Housing & Construction Awards are subject to the conditions of entry. The conditions of entry are strictly enforced. Signing and submitting an entry form is confirmation that the entrant has read and agrees to the conditions of entry
- Master Builders Queensland Housing & Construction Awards (“the Awards”) are conducted by the Queensland Master Builders Association Industrial Organisation of Employers (ABN 96 641 989 386) trading as Master Builders (“Master Builders”).
- Only current members of Master Builders or persons currently employed by a member of Master Builders, may enter the Awards.
- To be eligible for entry into the Awards, each entry must meet the following criteria:
- have reached practical completion and have a Form 21 Final inspection certificate or Form 11 Certificate of occupancy dated no earlier than 1 January 2021 and no later than 31 March 2022
- be located in the State of Queensland; and
- projects must not have won a Master Builders’ Award in the same category in a previous year.
- The entry and submission must be completed in full, giving all details and supporting documents as required. Payment must be received with the entry for the nomination to be processed.
- Master Builders accepts no responsibility for entry submissions not being received by Master Builders for any reason.
- The entrant must obtain permission from the owner to enter the Awards prior to nominating the project/house.
- Master Builders reserves the right to refuse to accept any entry and shall, at its sole discretion, at any time prior to the award ceremony, declare an entry ineligible where the:
- entrant’s membership with Master Builders has been cancelled or suspended; or
- entrant is found to be unlicensed; or
- entrant’s licence has been cancelled or suspended by the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (“the QBCC”); or
- entrant has not complied with the conditions of entry; or
- entry is incomplete or does not contain all of the supporting documents; or
- entry fee has not been paid in full; or
- entrant has not obtained prior permission from the building owner to submit the project/house for entry; or
- information provided by the entrant is deficient, false or misleading in any way.
- Where an award has been given, and it is found that the entry has not satisfied the conditions of entry, the award may be withdrawn and returned to Master Builders.
- In the event that an entry is withdrawn or disqualified after the judging process has commenced, a refund of the entry fee will not be issued.
- Entry submissions, including all documents and photographs submitted to Master Builders with the entry, are the property of Master Builders.
- As the Awards are a competition, unfortunately it isn’t possible to provide feedback on individual entry submissions. Judges’ notes will not be supplied to entrants or their representatives.
- Entry submissions may be supplied to Master Builders Australia Ltd, should the entry be selected by Master Builders to represent the State of Queensland in its respective category at the Master Builders Australia National Excellence in Building & Construction Awards.
- Rising Star, Women in Building, and Apprentice of the Year entrants must be working in a trade or profession in the building and construction industry in Queensland and must not have won a Master Builders’ Award in the same category in a previous year.
- If entrants choose to purchase tickets to the Award’s presentation event on the assumption that they will win an Award, and in the event the entrant is not a winner, Master Builders will not refund the ticket fee.
- Master Builders reserves the right to change these conditions of entry at any time without prior notice.
- The Awards are comprised of 54 categories, plus three Major Awards (House of the Year, Project of the Year, and the President’s Award) as outlined in the entry handbooks.
- A project must win its category to be eligible to win a Major Award. The Major Awards are awarded at the judges’ discretion only. These categories are not available for separate entry.
- To be eligible for the Rising Star Award, the entrant must be operating as a sole trader, in a partnership, or a director of a company. The entrant must hold a current contractor licence in a builder category (Low Rise, Medium Rise or Open) under the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991 (Qld) (“the QBCC Act”) in the State of Queensland and have held such a licence for no more than seven years.
- To be eligible for the Women in Building Award, the entrant must be a female who is currently in a trade and/or profession in the building and construction industry. No formal qualification is required for this award.
- To be eligible for the Apprentice of the Year Award, the entrant must be either currently completing an apprenticeship or have completed their indenture between 31 January 2021 and 31 March 2022.
- Each winner must meet the minimum score during judging to be declared a winner of the category.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into by the judges or Master Builders.
- Entries are judged against a set of judging criteria. This is readily available via our online Awards entry system.
- For projects/houses, judging is based on the project/house presented at the time of the allocated on-site inspection, in conjunction with information submitted with the entry.
- For Individual Awards (Rising Star, Women in Building, and Apprentice of the Year) and all sustainable, environmental and workplace health and safety categories, judging is based solely on the entry submission provided.
- For on-site inspections, the project/house must be available to Master Builders at an agreed time for the judges to conduct an on-site inspection of the project/house for the purposes of evaluating the entry in the Awards. The judges must have internal access to the building on the day of the inspection. It is the entrant’s responsibility to gain permission to access the building from the current owner of the building prior to the inspection. Should access to the project not be permitted at the time of the allocated on-site inspection, the entry may be disqualified.
- A winner may not necessarily be declared in all categories in all regions.
- The judges reserve the right to split an Award category into two separate award categories. In the event that a category is split, only one of the two winners will be eligible to go forward for that Award at the Queensland Awards. This decision is at the regional judge’s discretion only.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure their entry complies with the published judging criteria for the category. Entries that, in the opinion of the judges, do not comply with the judging criteria may be disqualified or, at the discretion of the judges, be judged under a different category to which the project was originally entered into.
- Queensland Awards: Winners in each of the Regional Award categories will be eligible to progress through to the Queensland Awards judging process. Please note: this is exclusive of Discretionary, Perpetual and Memorial Awards.
- National Awards: All Eligible Queensland Award winners will be submitted at the discretion of Master Builders and the judges, to represent the State of Queensland in their respective category at the Master Builders Australia National Excellence in Building & Construction Awards. Please note: the submissions that are put forward for the National Awards are in line with the National Awards categories. Not all Queensland State category winners fit into these national categories.
- For a list of Master Builders Australia National Excellence in Building & Construction Awards categories contact Master Builders Australia
Phone: (02) 6202 8888
- Every effort will be made to maximise publicity for all entrants. Master Builders will generate press releases and appropriate media coverage and packages throughout Queensland however, entry in the Awards does not automatically ensure exposure in the media.
- Winners may be published in Master Builder magazine, on the Master Builders website and on social media.
- Entrants give Master Builders and relevant third parties permission to market products and services to you as they see fit during the term of the awards.
- The information in your entry submission (including any photographs you supply) may be used by Master Builders to promote the Awards, including any Awards in future years.
- If you‘re an Award winner, Master Builders may use:
- The entrant’s name or business name and the name of the project anywhere in the world in any advertisement or other material which promotes the Awards or the products or services of Master Builders
- Details about you or your business, your contact phone number, website address and the project in printed, electronic and internet-based media in promoting the Awards, without compensation to you.
- You agree to allow Master Builders to contact you to provide comments about the Awards and to take photos or video footage of you, your business and the materials. In relation to the materials:
- You now assign to Master Builders solely for the benefit of Master Builders all of your right, property and interest in the copy of the materials submitted for the Awards;
- In the event that any third party has any proprietary interest in the materials or any intellectual property rights contained in them, you agree to procure for Master Builders the right to use that copy of the materials in any way Master Builders sees fit without compensation to any such third parties or to you, including the right to make further copies of the materials;
- You indemnify and agree to hold harmless Master Builders, the judges and each of their staff, servants or agents in respect of any claim, demand, liability, loss or damage sustained by any of them, arising in any way out of use by Master Builders of the materials for the purposes of the Awards or their promotion;
- Without limiting the generality of anything else contained in this clause, Master Builders may use the materials for future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you or any third party;
- Master Builders may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the materials at anytime, anywhere, and by any means;
- Master Builders may license, authorise or otherwise license or transfer Master Builders’ rights in the materials to others to do the same;
- You acknowledge that, by entering the Awards, you grant (and undertake to procure from any relevant third parties a grant) to Master Builders on submission of the materials a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the materials for whatever purpose Master Builders sees fit;
- You unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights in the materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given (“moral rights”);
- You waive all moral rights in the materials that arise outside Australia; and
- You agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of your moral rights or any other rights you assert in, relating to or arising out of the materials
- Award ceremony ticketing terms and conditions can be found at the time of purchase through our online ticketing system (Eventbrite).
- Master Builders reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel a ticket without giving reasons at any time by refunding the full ticket fee.
- Master Builders reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute presenters or artists, and may vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation of the event (for whatever reason, whether within the reasonable control of Master Builders or not), the maximum liability of Master Builders is limited to a refund of the full ticket fee with no additional liability for travel costs, hotel costs, or any other costs, damages, losses, or expenses whatsoever.
- The purchaser may use the tickets to attend the event themselves or may transfer the tickets to another person who will attend the event (“attendee”).
- Event attendees will be required to agree (and the purchaser must procure their agreement) that Master Builders or its agents may take photographs and film footage of the entrant and any attendees at the event, and may use the photographs and/or film footage for Master Builders’ promotional and/or commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, use on Master Builders’ website, social media or in any other print or digital publications.
- Attendees must agree (and the entrant must procure their agreement) that filmed material may be reproduced for these purposes as film, audio or written quotation.
- The entrant also agrees (and the entrant must procure agreement by relevant attendees) that neither the entrant nor any attendees are entitled to remuneration, residuals, royalties or any other payment from Master Builders in respect of the images/footage.
- Any photographs and footage may be used by Master Builders and relevant third parties. The entrant accepts the risk that photographs and/or film footage of the entrant may be downloaded from Master Builders’ website, or taken from a brochure or other publication, and reproduced in social media or other websites or elsewhere, or otherwise communicated or made available to the public or sections of the public.
- Persons attend the events solely at their own risk.
- The entrant and attendees must agree (and the entrant must procure their agreement) not to hold Master Builders liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs, claims or liabilities suffered or incurred (including without limitation any consequential or indirect losses or loss of profit) arising out of or in any way related to booking for the events, attending the events, cancellation of the events, failure of the events to achieve expectations, or for any error or omission by Master Builders or any of the judges.
- The entrant and attendees must agree (and the entrant must procure their agreement) not to hold Master Builders liable or responsible for any personal injury (i.e. physical, psychological or emotional stress) or any loss or damage to personal property.
- Attendees are not permitted to use photographs and/or video footage taken on their (or anyone else’s) personal device for commercial purposes.
- The entrant is required to either own the copyright or obtain permission (by way of a licence) from the copyright owner to all entry submission materials (including, but not limited to, photographs and/or architectural plans). Any issues with copyright will be referred back to the entrant in the first instance.
- In the event the owner’s authority or copyright and photographic release has not been provided, Master Builders reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withdraw the entry.
- The entrant hereby indemnifies Master Builders in respect of and against any and all legal liabilities, losses, claims, actions, suits, demands, causes of actions and proceedings of any kind and damages, losses, expenses and costs whatsoever arising out of, with respect to, or in connection with the Awards, including, but not limited to, material and/or information supplied by the entrant for the Awards and breaches of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).