- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIFA Workshops
- Building Consultant & Expert Witness Seminar
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Estimating Essentials
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Get up to speed on workplace health and safety
Our six-day Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety program has been designed for people currently working in or looking to work in a work health and safety role, and covers topics like hazard identification, risk management incident response and working with sub-contractors.
This course will qualify you to obtain your Work Health & Safety Officer (WHSO) accreditation through Work Safe Queensland. If you want to work as a Work Health & Safety Officer (WHSO), Safety Advisor, or just want to brush up on your work health and safety knowledge, then this course is for you.
Endorsed by our Master Builders' in-house safety team, students who enrol in our Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety course can be assured they are not only learning from the industry leader, but from the Association who actively works with government on the development of Safety Policy and Standards for the construction industry in Queensland.
We recognise that our students are actively working in the construction industry and therefore have a base level of knowledge about safety. This allows Master Builders to offer a six-day intensive program, where each student can spend up to 10 hours with a trainer.
We understand that it's difficult to have six consecutive days off the job site or office. So, our program is broken into two workshop blocks. While the delivery of information occurs over six days, students have three months to complete any outstanding assessments.
Over the six days, this course covers the following topics:
- WHS Hazard identification
- Risk Assessment and Control
- WHS system implementation and maintenance
- Responding to incidents
- Continuous improvement
- Workplace emergency procedures, systems and processes implementation
- WHS management of contractors.
Full course cost:
CSQ funded course cost:
BERT funded course cost:
*CSQ funds to a maximum of $270 per unit for eligible participants or $337.50 per unit for eligible apprentices for this course (subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria).
^Eligibility criteria applies. BERT funds all training fees - enrolment fee applies.
BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety
Upcoming courses starting
- June 2021 | Sunshine Coast
- July 2021 | Gold Coast
- August 2021 | Toowoomba
- September 2021 | Brisbane
- September 2021 | Cairns
To enrol, call 1300 13 60 02.