- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Passive Fire Rated System Installation
- Pre-apprenticeship Program
Business management & operations
- BIF Chapter 3 Workshop
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Sealing the Deal (quoting to win work)
- I Want That Job (responding to tender)
- Money In, Money Out (cash flow)
- Getting Your Dough (getting paid)
- Workers That Work (a guide for engaging workers)
- Time-Saving Tools (electronic tools for construction – systems & devices)
- Ready, Web, Go (digital readiness)
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Ready to secure your Open Builders licence?
Get qualified to apply for your Open Builders licence or Site Supervisor Open licence by completing an Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management) with Master Builders.
This training course is designed to meet the needs of senior managers within the building and construction industry, typically working in larger organisations and managing complex projects and processes, and for those seeking to obtain a Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) Builder Open licence.
Why not come along to one of our free information evenings?
Upcoming dates are listed below, or you can contact us for more information and to register.
For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (eligibility applies).
The Advanced Diploma has been designed and developed in consultation with industry leaders, so you can be confident what you’re learning is relevant.
As a peak industry body with trainers who are recognised experts in their field, this course delivers superior outcomes that exceed industry standards for those wishing to obtain their Builder Open Licence through the QBCC.
An Advanced Diploma is the only qualifying course for Builder Open Licence without needing a university degree.
What makes our training course different?
- Our Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction course has been designed and developed in consultation with industry leaders, so you can be confident what you’re learning is relevant
- As a peak industry body with trainers who are recognised experts in their field, our Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction course has a reputation for delivering superior outcomes and often exceeding industry standards
- We focus on face-to-face training because we know more one-on-one time with teachers means our students will gain a greater depth of knowledge and be more successful builders in the long run
- We run free information evenings prior to the start of our Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction courses to ensure our students have a thorough understanding of what to expect and to ensure an easy transition into study
- For those students who find it hard to get to one of our training centres, we offer the flexibility of supported self-paced learning
- Our recognised prior learning (RPL) service means we are able to assess your skills and experience and, in some cases, help you gain formal qualifications quicker
- We offer more than just training. Our courses are open to everyone, but our members enjoy the added value of ongoing support when applying for licenses and help with career planning.
Our Advanced Diploma program is comprised of ten units based on the issues we know are important in the building and construction sector today. Upon successful completion of all ten units of competency, along with evidence of industry experience, you may apply for a Builder Open Licence with QBCC.
|Duration||Approximately 10 months (face-to-face) or 6 months (Recognition of Prior Learning)|
|Costs and funding|
Face-to-face price: $8,421.25 (GST free)
RPL full price: $5,710.63 (GST free)
Call 1300 136 002 to check your eligibility and to enrol.
|Delivery||Face-to-face learning. There are some 200 hours of personal contact with subject experts and course facilitators to ensure students get the most out of their learning.|
|Outcome||CPC60212 - Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction (Management)|
|Region||Course code||Info session||Enrolment close date||Course start date||Census date 1||Census date 2||Census date 3|
For upcoming course dates, phone 1300 13 60 02 today!
VET student loan availability
Master Builders Queensland is an approved provider of Commonwealth Government supported VET Student Loans for our Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses. If you’re considering undertaking a Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) and want to defer the upfront cost then a commonwealth supported VET Student Loan could be the answer.
Give one of our friendly and helpful team a call to talk through your eligibility and options on 1300 063 002.
About VET student loans
*VET student loans will not be approved for students who don't meet eligibility requirements. VET student loans gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt to the Commonwealth Government until it's repaid.
Master Builders Queensland. RTO 30097.
Terms & conditions
Please read Master Builders training and licensing policies prior to enrolment.