- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Practical Licensing Applications Workshop
Business management & operations
- BIFA Workshops
- Building Consultant & Expert Witness Seminar
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Commercial Building Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Residential Building Contracts Administration
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Technical skills
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Need your Medium Rise Builder licence?
CPC50220 - Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
This training course is for commercial sector foremen and site managers and residential builders wanting to develop their career.
Gain the qualifications you need to apply for your Medium Rise Builders licence by completing a CPC50210 - Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) with industry leaders - Master Builders.
For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (eligibility applies).
For the commercial sector, our CPC50210 - Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) is the minimum technical qualification the industry recommends for foremen and site managers.
For the residential sector, this course allows you to build up to three storeys.
What makes our training course different?
- Our CPC50210 - Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) course has been designed and developed in consultation with industry leaders, so you can be confident what you’re learning is relevant
- As a peak industry body with trainers who are recognised experts in their field, our Diploma of Building & Construction1 course has a reputation for delivering superior outcomes and often exceeding industry standards
- We focus on face-to-face training because we know more one-on-one time with teachers means our students will gain a greater depth of knowledge and be more successful builders in the long run
- We may run free information evenings prior to the start of our Diploma of Building & Construction1 courses to ensure our students have a thorough understanding of what to expect and to ensure an easy transition into study
- Our Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) service means we are able to assess your skills and experience and, in some cases, help you gain formal qualifications quicker
- We offer more than just training. Our courses are open to everyone, but our members enjoy the added value of ongoing support when applying for licenses and help with career planning.
1CPC50210 - Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
Our interactive qualification is broken down into topics of training and assessment consisting of:
- Managing workplace, health and safety and risk management
- Estimating, tendering and contractor management
- Best practice selection and management of contractors
- Project planning for builders
- Applying Codes and Standards in the real world
- Managing commercial building projects
- Selecting and managing materials.
Face-to-face accelerated course details
|Duration||8 - 10 months|
|Outcome||CPC50220 - Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)|
Have completed current Cert IV in Building and Construction1
1CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) or CPC40108 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
Face-to-face learning or RPL2. There are 18 units in this course (13 units to complete & 5 units credit transfer).
2Call us on 1300 13 60 02 if you believe you have the relevant experience to qualify for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
|Costs and funding|
Face-to-face accelerated program full price:
Members payment plan: initial deposit of $1,500 + 10 monthly payments of $488.50
Face-to-face accelerated program funded prices:
*CSQ funds to a maximum of $439.89 per unit for this course (subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria). Read the full CSQ eligibility detail or call 1300 136 002 for more information and to enrol.
^Eligibility criteria applies. BERT funds all training fees - enrolment fee applies. Read the full BERT eligibility detail or call 1300 136 002 for more information and to enrol.
To enrol students must:
RPL course details
|Duration||Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - up to a period of 90 days|
CPC50210 - Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
|Delivery||Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)|
|Costs and funding|
Full RPL (18 units) prices:
Payment plan for all RPL options:
*CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building), CPC40108 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) or BCG40106 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building).
|RPL eligibility||Call our team on 1300 13 60 02 to discuss our RPL eligibility criteria.|
Upcoming courses starting
There are no courses scheduled. To register your interest, call 1300 13 60 02.
Terms & conditions
What our students say
Sebastian Tilman Rasche
Great job overall, I would definitely recommend Master Builders to friends/co-workers and I am glad there are trainers and RTOs that care about their product (in a market where too many RTOs simply care about ticking boxes and letting anyone pass).