- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Passive Fire Rated System Installation
- Pre-apprenticeship Program
Business management & operations
- BIF Chapter 3 Workshop
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Sealing the Deal (quoting to win work)
- I Want That Job (responding to tender)
- Money In, Money Out (cash flow)
- Getting Your Dough (getting paid)
- Workers That Work (a guide for engaging workers)
- Time-Saving Tools (electronic tools for construction – systems & devices)
- Ready, Web, Go (digital readiness)
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Need your Medium Rise Builder licence?
This training course is for commercial sector foremen and site managers and residential builders wanting to develop their career.
Gain the qualifications you need to apply for your Medium Rise Builders licence by completing a Diploma in Building & Construction with industry leaders - Master Builders.
We regularly run free information evenings in various regions throughout Queensland, with upcoming dates listed below. Or, you can contact us for details on upcoming info nights near you.
For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (eligibility applies).
For the commercial sector, our Diploma of Building and Construction is the minimum technical qualification the industry recommends for foremen and site managers.
For the residential sector, this course allows you to build up to three storeys.
What makes our training course different?
- Our Diploma of Building & Construction course has been designed and developed in consultation with industry leaders, so you can be confident what you’re learning is relevant
- As a peak industry body with trainers who are recognised experts in their field, our Diploma of Building & Construction course has a reputation for delivering superior outcomes and often exceeding industry standards
- We focus on face-to-face training because we know more one-on-one time with teachers means our students will gain a greater depth of knowledge and be more successful builders in the long run
- We run free information evenings prior to the start of our Diploma of Building & Construction courses to ensure our students have a thorough understanding of what to expect and to ensure an easy transition into study
- For those students who find it hard to get to one of our training centres, we offer the flexibility of supported self-paced learning
- Our recognised prior learning (RPL) service means we are able to assess your skills and experience and, in some cases, help you gain formal qualifications quicker
- We offer more than just training. Our courses are open to everyone, but our members enjoy the added value of ongoing support when applying for licenses and help with career planning.
Our Diploma of Building & Construction course is divided into twelve clusters of learning that are based on the issues we know are important in the building and construction sector today.
These clusters include managing health and safety risk, tendering, estimating and managing contractors, selecting and managing subcontractors, project planning for builders, applying building codes and standards, managing commercial building projects and selecting and managing materials.
|Duration||10 months (face-to-face/distance learning) OR 6 months (Recognition of Prior Learning)|
|Costs and funding|
Face-to-face full price: $8,817.75 (GST free)
Self-paced full price: $8,817.75 (GST free)
RPL full price: $5,958.88 (GST free)
Call 1300 136 002 to check your eligibility and to enrol.
|Delivery||Face-to-face learning, self-paced learning, and RPL|
|Outcome||Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) qualification|
|Region||Course code||Info session||Enrolment close date||Course start date||Census date 1||Census date 2||Census date 3|
For upcoming course dates, phone 1300 13 60 02 today!
VET student loan availability
Master Builders Queensland is an approved provider of Commonwealth Government supported VET Student Loans for our Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses. If you’re considering undertaking a Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) and want to defer the upfront cost then a commonwealth supported VET Student Loan could be the answer.
Give one of our friendly and helpful team a call to talk through your eligibility and options on 1300 06 30 02.
About VET student loans
*VET student loans will not be approved for students who don't meet eligibility requirements. VET student loans gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt to the Commonwealth Government until it's repaid.
Master Builders Queensland. RTO 30097.
Terms & conditions
Please read Master Builders training and licensing policies prior to enrolment.
What our students say
Sebastian Tilman Rasche
Great job overall, I would definitely recommend Master Builders to friends/co-workers and I am glad there are trainers and RTOs that care about their product (in a market where too many RTOs simply care about ticking boxes and letting anyone pass).