- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIFA Workshops
- Building Consultant & Expert Witness Seminar
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Estimating Essentials
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Save time and money on the job
Our one-day, face-to-face Electrical Test & Tag training course will qualify you to legally inspect and test your own portable electrical appliances and equipment, saving you time and money.
This training course is suited to anyone working in the building and construction sector.
This course provides participants with the skills and qualifications to legally inspect and test portable electrical appliances and equipment, saving time and hundreds of dollars every year.
- Inspecting and testing portable electrical appliances such as power saws and electric drills
- Single phase 240v equipment, cords, plugs and sockets
- Residual current devices
- Three phase 415v equipment
- Identification of safe and unsafe equipment
- Test instruments
Please note, this course allows you to test and tag your own electrical equipment, or the electrical equipment of the company you work for. The course does not allow you to test and tag electrical equipment of other businesses.
Call 1300 136 002 for more information on course enrolment and payment options.
|Outcome||This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. |
You will receive a Statement of Completion.
|Eligibility||Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills, and must be 18 years or over|
Students are responsible for sourcing their own testing equipment after they have successfully completed the course which may start from approximately $1,000.
Choose a date and venue that suits you by choosing whether you're eligible for a fully funded option or can take advantage of our member price. Not sure which to choose or no dates that suit? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02 for assistance or to register your interest for the next course date in your area.
If you are a Master Builders member, choose from the below course options to book. The member full price is $350 (Inc. GST).
If you are not a Master Builders member, choose from the below course options to book. The non-member full price is $385 (Inc. GST).
Terms & conditions
What our students say
The trainer was very good at demonstrating knowledge and catered well for all persons on the course.
Very helpful and informative. Comprehensive course content.
Peter Johnston Tiling Pty Ltd
Very easy to understand and great on hands experience with testing equipment.