- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIFA Workshops
- Building Consultant & Expert Witness Seminar
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Estimating Essentials
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Communication is key
Our Practical Communications Skills training course is suited to anyone who wants to learn how to communicate more effectively with colleagues, staff, managers, business partners and clients.
Better communication leads to better outcomes. Learn simple techniques that dramatically improve communication skills that allow you to get the most out of interactions with people.
This workshop is for people in management and leadership roles, trade contractors, restricted licence holders and small residential or commercial builders.
CSQ funding for small businesses now available.^
For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (eligibility applies).
Better communication leads to better outcomes. This program focuses on the most essential communication skills of listening, asking insightful questions, and understanding the power of body language and non-verbal communication.
Learn simple techniques that dramatically improve communication skills that allow you to get the most out of interactions with people.
- Understand the key barriers to effective communications
- Develop practical strategies to overcome these barriers and better engage with key stakeholders
- Gain insight into how your personal communication style aids and impacts your effectiveness
- Learn why others may need a different communication approach from you and how to modify your approach accordingly
- Practically apply the strategies discussed to ensure easy application on site
- All participants will undertake a short online questionnaire prior to attending the session. The questionnaire is a behavioural profiling tool called DiSC and it will provide invaluable insights into your preferred way of interacting with others.
- This course includes DISC personality profiling. DISC factors together with predicting your behaviour towards others, the everyday things you do and understanding these factors will allow you to improve your interactions with customers, peers and family.
^CSQ contributes towards the cost of this course under the small business program. Eligibility criteria applies – enrolling student must be a small business owner or employee of a building and construction business (directly involved in the administrative day-to-day running of the business). A small business is defined as less than 20 employees in the building and construction industry. Click here for more information or call 1300 136 002 to check your eligibility and to enrol.
|Outcome||This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. |
You will receive a Statement of Completion.
|Eligibility||Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills|
Choose a date and venue that suits you by choosing whether you're eligible for a fully funded option or can take advantage of our member price. Not sure which to choose or no dates that suit? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02 for assistance or to register your interest for the next course date in your area.
If you are not eligible for CSQ small business funding, choose from the below course options to book. The full price for both members and non-members face-to-face course is $375 (Inc. GST). Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
Funded: small business
If you are eligible for CSQ small business funding, choose from the below course options to book. The funded price for both members and non-members is $50 (Inc. GST)^. Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
^CSQ contributes towards the cost of this course under the small business program (subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria).