- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIFA Workshops
- Building Consultant & Expert Witness Seminar
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Estimating Essentials
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Negotiate your way to success
Our face-to-face training course is tailored for small businesses in the building and construction industry.
Build robust negotiation skills to negotiate effectively, using high-level techniques to turn face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving. We'll teach you practical strategies and steps as you learn from our expert in negotiation how to choose the right strategy entering a negotiation, get an agreement, when to walk away and more.
Learn from experienced industry professionals – Master Builders.
CSQ funding for small businesses now available.^
For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (eligibility applies).
This program is focused on setting in place principles for the development of robust negotiation skills. It provides small businesses with tools to promote effective negotiation and outlines techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
This course will cover:
- The four key negotiation styles and when to use them
- The personal attributes of an effective negotiator
- Negotiation strategies and choosing the best one when entering a negotiation
- Know your Best Alternative to Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
- Managing conflict in a negotiation – getting past a 'no'
- Practical tips to building trust and rapport
- Know when to walk away and how to do so with minimal negative impact
- Tips on how to best close a negotiation and get an agreement
- Practical application: learn the key steps and when to take them to ensure a successful outcome
- All participants will undertake a short online questionnaire prior to attending the session. The questionnaire is a behavioural profiling tool called DiSC and it will provide invaluable insights into your preferred way of interacting with others.
^CSQ contributes towards the cost of this course under the small business program. Eligibility criteria applies – enrolling student must be a small business owner or employee of a building and construction business (directly involved in the administrative day-to-day running of the business). A small business is defined as less than 20 employees in the building and construction industry. Click here for more information or call 1300 136 002 to check your eligibility and to enrol.
|Outcome||This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. You will receive a Statement of Completion.|
|Eligibility||Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills, and must be 18 years or over|
Choose a date and venue that suits you by choosing whether you're eligible for a fully funded option or can take advantage of our member price. Not sure which to choose or no dates that suit? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02 for assistance or to register your interest for the next course date in your area.
If you are not eligible for CSQ small business funding, choose from the below course options to book. The full price for both members and non-members face-to-face course is $375 (Inc. GST). Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
Funded: small business
If you are eligible for CSQ small business funding, choose from the below course options to book. The funded price for both members and non-members is $50 (Inc. GST)^. Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
^CSQ contributes towards the cost of this course under the small business program (subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria).