- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate III (construction trades)
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
- Passive Fire Rated System Installation
- Pre-apprenticeship Program
- Business management & operations
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Sealing the Deal (quoting to win work)
- I Want That Job (responding to tender)
- Money In, Money Out (cash flow)
- Getting Your Dough (getting paid)
- Workers That Work (a guide for engaging workers)
- Time-Saving Tools (electronic tools for construction – systems & devices)
- Ready, Web, Go (digital readiness)
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Learn how to correctly complete Residential Building Contracts and Cost Plus Contracts
Master Builders has developed a six-hour training course to help you understand the legal obligations of completing and administering Residential Building Contracts and Residential Cost Plus Contracts.
Lack of knowledge and understanding of building contracts is the cause of numerous unprofitable building projects. The right contract document completed correctly protects the interests of the builder, client and trade contractor.
Ensure you’re meeting your legal contract obligations.
The Residential Building Contracts course provides students with information that enables them to understand the legal obligations of completing and administering a Residential Building Contract and information around using Residential Cost Plus contracts.
Topics covered include:
- Types of Residential Building Contracts
- General conditions
- Considerations before providing a quote
- How to complete a contract
- Meeting your legal obligations
- What needs to be done at practical completion
- How a Residential Cost Plus Contract differs from a fixed price contract
- When can you use a Residential Cost Plus Contract and not a fixed price contract
- Myths about Residential Cost Plus Contracts and the real-deal you need to know.
|Course||Residential Building Contracts|
|Duration||Six (6) hours|
This course is exclusively available to Master Builders members.
Call 1300 136 002 to check your eligibility and to enrol.
|Outcome||Statement of Completion|
|Eligibility||Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.|
Terms & conditions
Please read Master Builders training and licensing policies prior to enrolment.