- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIF Chapter 3 Workshop
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Diploma of Project Management
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Estimating Essentials
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- Student log-in
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Don't lose money on your next job
Our Estimating Essentials training course is for builders and trade contractors.
Get skilled to accurately estimate materials, labour, costs and time and ensure you make money – not lose it.
Learn from experienced industry leaders in this in a one-day workshop.
Having the skills and knowledge to estimate materials, labour and time are fundamental to any trade contracting business, and are vital in ensuring you don’t lose money on a job.
Estimating Essentials provides the skills and knowledge required to estimate materials, labour and time requirements and establish costs for provision of services or products in basic construction work.
You’ll learn how to:
- Gather product and service information from plans and specifications
- Estimate materials, labour and time
- Calculate materials, labour and overhead costs
- Establish final cost for work
- Prepare costing documents such as quotations and tenders.
|Outcome||This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. |
You will receive a Statement of Completion.
|Prerequisites||There are no prerequisites for this workshop, however participants are required to have a basic understanding of mathematical principals such as area, volume and perimeter calculations and trigonometry.|
|Eligibility||Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.|