- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIF Workshops
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Estimating Essentials
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
Policy & advocacy
- Election 2020
- Our platform
- Project Bank Accounts
- Policy submissions
- State Budget 2019-20
- First Home Owners' Boost
- Our members
- Code of conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Policy & advocacy
- Terms & conditions
Don't lose money on your next job
Our Estimating Essentials training course is for builders and trade contractors.
Get skilled to accurately estimate materials, labour, costs and time and ensure you make money – not lose it.
Learn from experienced industry leaders in this in a one-day workshop.
Having the skills and knowledge to estimate materials, labour and time are fundamental to any trade contracting business, and are vital in ensuring you don’t lose money on a job.
Estimating Essentials provides the skills and knowledge required to estimate materials, labour and time requirements and establish costs for provision of services or products in basic construction work.
You’ll learn how to:
- Gather product and service information from plans and specifications
- Estimate materials, labour and time
- Calculate materials, labour and overhead costs
- Establish final cost for work
- Prepare costing documents such as quotations and tenders.
|Outcome||This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. |
You will receive a Statement of Completion.
|Prerequisites||There are no prerequisites for this workshop, however participants are required to have a basic understanding of mathematical principals such as area, volume and perimeter calculations and trigonometry.|
|Eligibility||Candidates should be able to demonstrate a sufficient level of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills.|
Choose a date and venue that suits you by choosing whether you're eligible for a fully funded option or can take advantage of our member price. Not sure which to choose or no dates that suit? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02 for assistance or to register your interest for the next course date in your area.
If you are a Master Builders member, choose from the below course options to book. The member full price is $450 (Inc. GST).
If you are not a Master Builders member, choose from the below course options to book. The non-member full price is $540 (Inc. GST).