- Services & advice
- Why study with Master Builders
Licensing & registration
- Accredited Test & Tag
- Asbestos Worker Program
- Business Management for Trade Contractors
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
- Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building)
- Completed Residential Building Inspectors Course
- Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
- Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
Business management & operations
- BIF Workshops
- Building contracts workshops
- Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Computer courses
- Conflict Resolution
- Contract Administration
- Diploma of Project Management
- eDocs Deep Dive
- Estimating Essentials
- Financial Essentials
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Communication Skills
- Resolving Disputes
- Time Management
- Small business
- Health and safety
- Workplace relations
- Licensing & registration
- Enrolment information
- Skills assessment
- Audit reports
- What's on
- News & publications
- Home owners
- Policy & advocacy
- Our members
- Code of Conduct
- Organisational structure
- Mandatory reporting
- Terms & conditions
Get contract savvy fast
If you're using residential contracts, whether you're a builder, subbie or in contract administration, then this one-day livestream interactive workshop is for you.
We'll breakdown the ins and outs of contracts with real-life examples, taking you through contract term meanings and legislative restrictions, various dispute scenarios and what to do, project delays, subcontractor breaches and more.
CSQ funding for small businesses now available.^
For funding information, see Course Details below or contact us (eligibility applies).
Our one-day livestream workshop is a practical, interactive workshop where you can learn from specialists in their field. The interactive format with chat ability, connects you with our training team to ask questions throughout the workshop. Our training courses and workshops are customised to the building and construction industry, so you can be confident you're learning relevant and up-to-date material.
This livestream, interactive workshop will use real life examples of contracts and disputes and cover:
- Contract term meanings and the restrictions placed on contracts by legislation
- What to do if a dispute over payment arises
- What to do if a dispute over defective or incomplete work arises
- What to do if the project is delayed or the owner interferes with the work
- What to do if a subcontractor is in breach of the subcontract
- What to do if the builder wants to back-charge for defective work or delays (subcontractor specific course only).
|Duration||One day (split into two x three-hour sessions)|
|Delivery||Online interactive workshop via ZOOM or face-to-face workshop.|
COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene rules apply for all students of face-to-face courses.
^CSQ contributes towards the cost of this course under the small business program. Eligibility criteria applies – enrolling student must be a small business owner or employee of a building and construction business (directly involved in the administrative day-to-day running of the business). A small business is defined as less than 20 employees in the building and construction industry. Click here for more information or call 1300 136 002 to check your eligibility and to enrol.
This is not a Nationally Recognised Training course. You will receive a Statement of Completion.
Choose a date and venue that suits you by choosing whether you're eligible for a fully funded option or can take advantage of our member price. Not sure which to choose or no dates that suit? Give us a call on 1300 13 60 02 for assistance or to register your interest for the next course date in your area.
If you are not eligible for CSQ small business funding and not a Master Builders member, choose from the below course options to book. The full price for the non-members course is $360 (Inc. GST). Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
If you are not eligible for CSQ small business funding but are a Master Builders member, choose from the below course options to book. The full price for the members course is $280 (Inc. GST). Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
Funded: small business
If you are eligible for CSQ small business funding, choose from the below course options to book. The funded price for both members and non-members is $50 (Inc. GST)^. Check here to see if you're eligible for funding, or call us on 1300 13 60 02.
^CSQ contributes towards the cost of this course under the small business program (subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria).